OT monitor installation Windows 10

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

_Vera
Starting Member
Starting Member

OT monitor installation Windows 10

Post by _Vera »

I tried to install OTmonitor.exe and in a second attempt OTmonitor.zip (after unzip) to launch in Windows 10.

I get a warningscreen: software not for this version of Windows. Also tried comptability to change and with Admin rights, but the utilility will not start.

What am I missing here?
Rutger

Re: OT monitor installation Windows 10

Post by Rutger »

2 weeks ago I reinstalled my HA server to Win10. and got the same warning. Tried all options that are giving online, like disabling Smartscreen, create a new admin account, Sideload apps, compatibility mode, etc, but it's still giving the warning. Last weekend I've installed the same Windows build in a virtualbox environment and without having other installations done, otmonitor is working fine here.
I odn't have a solution (yet) for the current HA system except running the same Win10 build in a virtualbox.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

W10 has multiple versions, perhaps that's why. Also the installer has a version check perhaps some wrong setting during creation?
** edwin **
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Might this be a 32<->64 bit issue? What happens if you try the 64-bit version of otmonitor: http://otgw.tclcode.com/download/otmonitor-x64.exe
Schelte
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

I swear, every single piece of software out there has issues with Windows 10... the only ones that haven't are the ones which were engineered under/for Win10 or that were fixed fast enough by the developers so that the users wouldn't notice :lol: if you do want to keep that OS, then check the version compatibility, and if it doesn't do the trick, then run it into a virtualbox system as Rutger said.
If you haven't bought Win10 but got it with your computer or something, then... use another OS! Anything will do the trick: Windows 8.1, most Linux variants...
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

The 64 bit version doesn't solve the issue. Same "this app can't run on your pc" popup even when trying every option from the compatibility options.
Hussar_303
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Hussar_303 »

Rutger wrote:The 64 bit version doesn't solve the issue. Same "this app can't run on your pc" popup even when trying every option from the compatibility options.
Okay, thanks for the feedback! Then, Wine/virtualbox it is...
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Got it working now directly on my HA system. I've no changes made, but I saw a different in file size. For some reason some downloads reaches only 1 MB instead of the full 5.9MB. I never have seen this, but the file icon was missing as well.
Now it's all working again.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The size is mentioned on the download page for a reason ...
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”