OTGW led's off and Error 03

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

mostorer
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW led's off and Error 03

Post by mostorer »

Hi all. I have recently bought the OTGW from NodoShop, installed it between my new OT+ boiler and OT+ capable thermostat, but experiencing some issues.

Firstly I installed the OTGW with last firmware version flashed (from Nodo), activated the OTMonitor on my PC connected wirelessly through the ESP8266, and all worked as expected.
After a few hours I started to have Error03, firstly not so often, than more and more frequently. I changed the VR to 2, and the the Errors started to be less frequent.
After a few minutes the leds on the board switched completely off, although the communication was working.
As I have to monitor the OTGW through Domoticz, I disconnected the OTMonitor and, to see if all was working, I connected through a Telnet. I started to see all messages but, after a few minutes, only Txxxxxxxx and Error 03. setting the OTGW in Monitor mode (GW=0), the errors disappeared (not completely, but not so frequent).
Switching off and on the OTGW sometimes changes the things but, after a few hours, the behaviour is always the same.

I would like to understand if LEDs switch off is a normal behaviour and if someone have had the same issues, and solved them.

Thank you in advance.
mostorer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTGW led's off and Error 03

Post by mostorer »

I think I found the reason why LEDs switched off. I don't understand the real reason but, it seems the fault was related to the power source.
I checked the OTGW signals with my oscilloscope and saw that output wave was not aligned to OpenTherm standard signal levels so I dig on power source.
I'm using a 5V power adpater with a step-up dc-dc converter, It was erroneously regulated to 17Vcc. Moved to 22Vcc. Now LEDs are always working as expected.

Error 03 remain. Am I the only one having recurrent Error 03 ?
hvxl

Re: OTGW led's off and Error 03

Post by hvxl »

Good that you fixed the power supply issue yourself. That would have been a difficult one to debug remotely.

It is quite common to see some Error 03 reports. Some devices, especially some boilers, get easily distracted by silly stuff like regulating the water temperature that they fail to generate proper timing on the Opentherm signal. That results in an Error 03. The thermostat will then normally repeat the request. As long as you see many more correct messages than Error 03, there is nothing to worry about.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”