Toon firmware - update script

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

NLKris
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon firmware - update script

Post by NLKris »

Oke, lets give that a go. I had some hope that all the info would help to know why this doenst worked. The toon is still on and can still be accesed. Can I power of en go for the recover or are there still info to save that can be usefull for you guys or me?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Just power off and recover. It is to no use anymore :-)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
NLKris
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by NLKris »

I did and still trying to configer te recover pi. Abyway, the toon booted and still got root acces. (Never expected that). But still stuck at update. So lets recover.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Just like a few others I ran into memory issues while updating Toon (1). How about (Optionally) downloading the packages onto external media like USB? Would that work?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Memory or disk space?
USB can't extend memory. It could extend diskspace.
But as any update is 'tested' by Quby to work on the toon there should be enough disk space on your toon to install it. I did recently add some tweaks to free up memory and diskspace on a toon1 before and during updates though.
mrgnex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mrgnex »

How do I SSH into my Toon to run the script? If I use putty and SSH into the Toon IP adress I get asked a password I don't have. I have tried to look around for guides but cannot find any.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mrgnex wrote:How do I SSH into my Toon to run the script? If I use putty and SSH into the Toon IP adress I get asked a password I don't have. I have tried to look around for guides but cannot find any.
That is the password which you should have set during the rooting of the toon. Did you do it yourself or did you buy a rooted toon?
mrgnex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mrgnex »

TheHogNL wrote:
mrgnex wrote:How do I SSH into my Toon to run the script? If I use putty and SSH into the Toon IP adress I get asked a password I don't have. I have tried to look around for guides but cannot find any.
That is the password which you should have set during the rooting of the toon. Did you do it yourself or did you buy a rooted toon?
I bought a rooted Toon that allegedly had the root gone wrong. I followed the automated rooting guide from this forum and everything seemed to go fine. I was never asked for a password.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mrgnex wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:
I bought a rooted Toon that allegedly had the root gone wrong. I followed the automated rooting guide from this forum and everything seemed to go fine. I was never asked for a password.
That automatic rooting printed the password for you at the end of the process :) The whole idea of 'rooting a toon' is about having root acccess, so with a password :) How did you install toonstore and other stuff afterwards? With root password you can not install those.
mrgnex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mrgnex »

TheHogNL wrote:That automatic rooting printed the password for you at the end of the process :) The whole idea of 'rooting a toon' is about having root acccess, so with a password :) How did you install toonstore and other stuff afterwards? With root password you can not install those.
I did not install those yet because I figured I'd update first. I redid the rooting process and made sure I have the right password. I used putty and the build in SSH in the Raspberry Pi. Both gave me an access denied (what is the username? Putty asks me for one..).
I made sure the Toon shows up in the router and the static IP is correct. I also made sure I was using port 22 (otherwise I do not even get the option to enter a password).
Why does it keep telling me access denied?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Isn't he able to reset the password via TSC?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mrgnex wrote:what is the username? Putty asks me for one..)?
Commonplease.... you have ROOTed your toon.. so what should the username be...
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

TerrorSource wrote:Isn't he able to reset the password via TSC?
That only works if he followed the manual and did install the resourcefiles using the proper scripts for that :)
mrgnex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mrgnex »

TheHogNL wrote:
Argh. I tried admin, user, nothing, Toon and even Eneco and nothing would work. In hindsight it is logical. Doh!
It worked flawlessly and I am updated! Thank you for your help. Onto installing the Toon Store!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

mrgnex wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:
Argh. I tried admin, user, nothing, Toon and even Eneco and nothing would work. In hindsight it is logical. Doh!
It worked flawlessly and I am updated! Thank you for your help. Onto installing the Toon Store!
For that, just read the rooting manual viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11235#p82533
(just run the update-rooted.sh script with option -f )

Return to “Toon Firmware”