Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Toon App: Onkyo Network Receiver Controller

Post by oepi-loepi »

Domoticz needed.

To control some basic operations from the Onkyo network receiver directly from a Toon tile.

For this App to work Domoticz is needed. Install the Onkyo receiver on Domoticz using the standard Hardware plugin. After installation go to Devices tab in Domoticz and write down the IDX numbers marked in Yellow:

On Toon, install the app. Click on setup:

Fill all fields with the Domoticz data and click Save:

When the option "Show in Sleepmode" is selected, the tile will show the trackname and artistname during power on when the Toon is in sleepmode:

EDIT by TerrorSource: App is posted to Github: https://github.com/oepi-loepi/Onkyo-Net ... r-for-Toon
Last edited by oepi-loepi on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mAiden

Re: Toon App: Onkyo Network Receiver Controller

Post by mAiden »

Maybe Toonz or someone else can add this app to the ToonStore? :)
Nice to see other dev that can make apps for Toon.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

mAiden wrote:Maybe Toonz or someone else can add this app to the ToonStore? :)
Nice to see other dev that can make apps for Toon.
Already had contact with oepie-loepi before this topic here :)

Will help him with GitHub and the requirements for ToonStore this weekend.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Hi @oepi-loepi,

We've checked the app briefly and have some comments:
1. Appname should be much shorter, easiest is to rename "Onkyo-Network-Receiver-Controller-for-Toon" to "onkyremote" or "onkycontroller"
Use only lower case text in the name, no upper case.

2. Screenshots should not be included in the app itself but must be uploaded to the Repository for ToonStore, create a PR and upload screenshots with same naming convention as current files
https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollecti ... Repository

3. Use default icons if possible or create a PR and upload new icons via a PR in the TSC-images repo: https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective/tsc-images

4. Description folder can be removed. We copy a part of the text in the repo itself or from the topic on this forum.

5. Config file should be /mnt/data/tsc/onkyo_userSettings.json and not in the app folder itself. This way, the settings are saved after removing or updating the app. When the config file is in the appfolder itself it will be removed with the installation of a new version.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

1. Appname should be much shorter, easiest is to rename "Onkyo-Network-Receiver-Controller-for-Toon" to "onkyremote" or "onkycontroller"
Use only lower case text in the name, no upper case. I have named it onkyocontroller

2. Screenshots should not be included in the app itself but must be uploaded to the Repository for ToonStore, create a PR and upload screenshots with same naming convention as current files https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollecti ... Repository ... yes found it and created a PR

3. Use default icons if possible or create a PR and upload new icons via a PR in the TSC-images repo: https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective/tsc-images all icons are standard, for the thumb icon i created a PR

4. Description folder can be removed. We copy a part of the text in the repo itself or from the topic on this forum. ok, removed

5. Config file should be /mnt/data/tsc/onkyo_userSettings.json and not in the app folder itself. This way, the settings are saved after removing or updating the app. When the config file is in the appfolder itself it will be removed with the installation of a new version. Ok i have changed the app sources pointing to the new mnt folder. i have also removed the default config file.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

By the way. This app should also be possible to control Pioneer receivers since they also use the same ISCP..... (i am not able to test)......
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi oepi-loepi,

Thanks for your app, I was forking your latest version today to put it in the ToonStore.
However the app isn't starting due to a filenaming issue:
you have called the folder onkyocontroller, due to the Toon logic, the main file should be called OnkyocontrollerApp.qml.
If that file isn't there, the app will not start, currently the app file is called OnkyoApp.qml.

Either rename the folder to onkyo or rename the app file to OnkyocontrollerApp.qml (all case sensitive).

Secondly, the tile layout and setup screen layout need to be changed slightly for a Toon 2, but you will notice when you have received your rooted Toon 2.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Hi Toonz, thank you for your comments. I have changed the source codes to match your requests. Layou will be changed and tested on Toon 1 and Toon 2.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

the first 'official' release of the app is available in the ToonStore (version 1.0.6).
Thanks to oepi-loepi for this new app, welcome to the dev community :-)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

welcome to the dev community :-)
Thanks, happy to be here and thank you for the great work rooting Toon and exploring more possibilities.
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Hello, another question related to this beautiful controller!!

Is it possible that one of you tech guys change something so this controller also works on Volumio?

My Volumio has its own IP-addres and is via every client accesible, but there isn't an working solution on the Toon.
for me, as en not-tech guy, is sounds easy to make some changes so it should work,

The volumio is working on an (online) raspberry pi ans is accesible via an IP-addres.
It should be very nice if it was recognized by this Onkyo controller.
I already tried it, but right now it doesn;t work.

Hopefully somebody can try this, that would be very nice!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Think it should be possible using this https://volumio.github.io/docs/API/REST_API.html. I will have a look at it after i have finished my current project.
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Thanks!!!!!! That would be awesome!!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Since i do not have a Volumio myself, could you please check if next commands work if you send them from a regular browser like chrome :

1. toggle between play and pause : http://yourvolumioipadress/api/v1/commands/?cmd=toggle

2. get the json status file : http://yourvolumioipadress/api/v1/getState

in both cases yourvolumioipadress is a local ip adress like 192.168.10.31

Please let me know because then i can make it all work for you. But since i am not able to test: your help is needed for testing in a later stadium.
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Thank you very much!! And i will be honored to help : )
I have an little bit of basic skills with the CLI and can edit .json via VI(m) / nano etc.
(Just made a few useless changes like changing the standard text of 'buienrader' etc :) )

it worked! The Volumio toggle's between play/pauze.
I know that you can accesit to without the IP-addres, then you need:"volumio.local". I tested it and that worked fine also.

The result of the second command:

{"status":"stop","position":8,"title":"100% NL","albumart":"/albumart","uri":"http://stream.100p.nl/100pctnl.mp3","tr ... :"webradio"}

As you can see: i tested it while listening to 'radio 100% NL' :-)

Thanks!

ps I also send an mail, let me know what you prefer!

What should be nice as working commands:

- Change volume
- Change radiochannel / title ( < >)
- Browse (Select source, so change RADIO to for example the NAS and browse)

Thanks mate!

Return to “Toon Apps”