Use Toon for cooling as on/off thermostat towards Heatpump

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

niekvanderven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Use Toon for cooling as on/off thermostat towards Heatpump

Post by niekvanderven »

Hello, i have an question around the option the use Toon to control my Heat-Pump.
Let me first explain the situation and setup before asking a question.
We use the Exhaust of the Heat-Pump to cool a room after it
extracted the heat and put in a buffer.
Air coming out is +/- 3 degrees celcius and normally goes outside the house via the exhaust on the roof-top.
This is working great but i can only activate the Heat-Pump is i set the temperature on the Toon to 30 degrees Celcius, downside is that the Heat-Pump starts
working and cooling the room, but never stops as the temp is set to 30 degrees and it only gets colder and colder in the Room.

Now the question is if i can turn the heating into cooling via config or via resource files ?
I can try to find the items i'am looking for but maybe somebody did this already or can point me to a direction, worse case and answer its not possible..
Many thanx in advance !
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Use Toon for cooling as on/off thermostat towards Heatpump

Post by TheHogNL »

Just (electronically) invert the 'aan/uit' signal?
Put the toon on, for example, 23 degrees. Then when the temperature is below 23 degrees the Toon sends a heat request ('aan') but your inverter makes it 'uit'. It will never reach 23 degrees but ok.. just let the Toon try )

Then when, due to the sun, the temperatures rises above 23 degrees the toon should switch of the heat request but this will mean a 'on'' request for your cooling circuit. Which will cause the room temperature to drop and eventually below 23 degrees.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
niekvanderven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by niekvanderven »

Hi, thank you for the fas reply, appreciated.
I will check indeed with a Relais connected to the toon heater adapter and convert the on/off there.
One thing i need to take care of is that the relais won't start flipping is its near the threshold now as toon still things its heating instead of cooling.
The Heat-Pump is protected for the flipping and has several delays for starting and stopping, so that is my fail-save then.

As a second track i would like to see if i can change it in the software too, can you give me a hint where to look for the setting files/logic that controls the adapter ?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

niekvanderven wrote:Hi, thank you for the fas reply, appreciated.
I will check indeed with a Relais connected to the toon heater adapter and convert the on/off there.
One thing i need to take care of is that the relais won't start flipping is its near the threshold now as toon still things its heating instead of cooling.
The Heat-Pump is protected for the flipping and has several delays for starting and stopping, so that is my fail-save then.

As a second track i would like to see if i can change it in the software too, can you give me a hint where to look for the setting files/logic that controls the adapter ?
You can't. That is all binary stuff.

The toon itself has flipping protection also. And there are relais with delay protection.
Member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”