HomeSeer HS3 Plugwise Pro 4 is released!

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Wima

Re: HomeSeer HS3 Plugwise Pro 4 is released!

Post by Wima »

Oké, after refreshing the page the warning stays the same. So i've purchase it and now the notification is gone.
By reading the warning I've got several triggers using "current power usage is..". Is the trigger the same
when I use in the new situation "a device value is.." ?

I've got 21 Circles with all power usage triggers/events attached, so.... are the opportunities stil the same as the prior version?

I'm a bit afraid to take the step :shock:
even the genious ask questions
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Ok, I assumed you were using HS4. Because you were referring to the instructions on the HomeSeer forum of the HS4 version of the plugin. Either way, you have the correct version now.

You should have gotten a 30 day trail. Sometimes HS3 is confused and thinks they are already used up, so you can request an additional 30 days from HomeSeer. Purchasing is also a solution, thanks! ;)

The power value is now a (child) device of it's own, so you can use the "a device value is..." trigger instead. But you will have to change that manually for all events, sorry!

Off course you can still go back. But I suggest you make a good backup of your system and give it a try!
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Hello Stefxx,
I use till now HS3pro with plugin version 3.1.0.0 for plugwise from Rien. I like the Source program for my circles too.
Now I like to upgrade to HS4pro. The plugin of Rien is not support in HS4.
What are the plus and min's to change to your plugin? Or is that not possible?

Regards Wim
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Hi Wim,

Too much to mention. But the main difference is that it is not supported with the Source program. So you will have to stop using Source before you can use the HS4 plugin. Also, there is no upgrade path, so you will have to start from scratch.

On the plus side, there are now z-wave style devices and features (status, switch, usage etc all have their own child device/feature). And probably less relevant for you, but the Adam, Anna, Stretch and Smile P1 are also fully supported and integrated in the same plugin.

Documentation isn't completed yet for HS4, but the main goal of the HS4 version was to keep everything as simple as possible. Just configure the stick on the correct com port and the rest is basically automatic.

Thanks!
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Thanks for your information.
The circles I can read them in your plugin for HS4. Have I to reset them before I start?
While now the circles are present in the stick of plugwise.

Wim
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

No, do not reset them. Just run the plugin, configure the stick and thats it!
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

thanx again.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”