QT websockets

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: QT websockets

Post by TheHogNL »

oepi-loepi wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:From firmware 5.0.4 the original Toon resources also include libraries for QT5 websockets!

To use the libraries install them when having the VPN running with "opkg install libqt5websockets5" (I will probably add an option to the update-script to install this for you soon).
if i run opkg list-installed then libqt5websockets5 is not in the list and when i run "opkg install libqt5websockets5" it throws an error. Even when i open the VPN (in inittab and then init q)

Code: Select all

Installing libqt5websockets5 (5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0) on root.
Downloading http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angelica-1.7.0-master-kernel-4.9.88/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon/libqt5websockets5_5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0_cortexa9hf-vfp-neon.ipk.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angelica-1.7.0-master-kernel-4.9.88/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon/libqt5websockets5_5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0_cortexa9hf-vfp-neon.ipk: Couldn't connect to server.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download libqt5websockets5. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
Do I do something wrong or would it be possible to post the .ipk package in the files section?
Run the update-rooted.sh with option -o and after that 'opkg update'
Member of the Toon Software Collective
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Run the update-rooted.sh with option -o and after that 'opkg update'
Yes! This worked. It is now in the list. Allready puzzling here...
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Puzzling in the UK sense or the NL sense of the word?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

marcelr wrote:Puzzling in the UK sense or the NL sense of the word?
Both ;)

I am working on a new version of the Onkyo (and Pioneer) controller based on a Wemos bridge between The Onkyo eISCP commands and the Toon via websockets. This because this will work faster and without the need for an external controller like Domoticz. (as you might know the Wemos is a 2 dollar piece of small .... which can do the job).

Now trying to get it all working together: websockets, smart AP, eISCP over TCP and a webserver so you can also have acces through a browser.....

Allmost done..
HansS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HansS »

TheHogNL wrote:From firmware 5.0.4 the original Toon resources also include libraries for QT5 websockets!

To use the libraries install them when having the VPN running with "opkg install libqt5websockets5" (I will probably add an option to the update-script to install this for you soon).
Hi. Has the update script been updated to install QT web sockets?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

HansS wrote:

Hi. Has the update script been updated to install QT web sockets?
From update script version 4.27 (today) it will install qt5 websockets during upgrade. So only a -f (fix files only) does not install it because it needs VPN to be up for the install. As fix files should work also for Toon's who don't have a VPN key anymore I can only install the websockets during an upgrade.

Manually installing can be done with 'sh upgrade-rooted.sh -o' to enable the VPN (if you have a valid VPN key) and 'opkg update ; opkg install libqt5websockets5'
ggaljoen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ggaljoen »

Just starting with my first steps on my Toon1 5.33.9 , wanted to do some tests with websockets and node-red.

No sign of the websockets, so I performed today:
Manually installing can be done with 'sh upgrade-rooted.sh -o' to enable the VPN (if you have a valid VPN key) and 'opkg update ; opkg install libqt5websockets5'
Did anyone else noticed this lines in their 'opkg list' ?

libqt5mqtt-mkspecs - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt-plugins - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt-qmlplugins - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt5 - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
Does this mean MQTT should/could be (soon) possible?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

ggaljoen wrote:Just starting with my first steps on my Toon1 5.33.9 , wanted to do some tests with websockets and node-red.

No sign of the websockets, so I performed today:
Did anyone else noticed this lines in their 'opkg list' ?

libqt5mqtt-mkspecs - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt-plugins - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt-qmlplugins - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
libqt5mqtt5 - 5.11.2+git0+d733d6f950-r0
Does this mean MQTT should/could be (soon) possible?
I did look at this a few times but didn't get it to work yet. I guess this is only for a mqtt subscriber so you can display values on the toon depending on mqtt messages. But you I think you can't publish.
If someone with qt5/qml knowledge would look into this, that would be very nice.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Just took another look. There seems to be no qml plugins for mqtt.
ggaljoen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ggaljoen »

TheHogNL wrote:Just took another look. There seems to be no qml plugins for mqtt.
Maybe there is a (hidden) cause listed here https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtmqtt.git/log/?h=v5.11.2

Highlight the fact that Qt MQTT is not Qt but Qt for Automation
On topic; any suggestions/tips/examples for websockets on Node Red?

Return to “Toon software development”