Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Toon App New Onkyo & Pioneer Controller

Post by oepi-loepi »

2 options:

First option is to use a flashed Wemos D1 Mini as websocket controller
Second option is to use Domoticz as http controller

Onkyo or Pioneer (after 2016) receiver needed
To use with Domoticz (without Wemos, please sceoll down)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To use with WebSockets (best option)
Wemos D1 mini needed

1. Make sure your receiver has a static network adress
2. Install esptool.exe from https://github.com/igrr/esptool-ck/releases/tag/0.4.13
3. get the latest 2 bin .bin files from https://github.com/oepi-loepi/OnkyoSock ... 266-bridge
4. if you flash an old Wemos D1 mini, first flash the blank 4MB bin file with esptool
5. flash the Onkyo ESCP file with the flash tool

6. After this reset the Wemos D1 Mini and connect your wifi to the AutoConnectAP wifi network.

7. If the configusration page does not open go to 192.168.4.1

8. Enter the wifi credentials, Onkyo adress and select a static IP address for the Wemos D1 mini.

9. Click Save.
10. Update your Toon to the newest firmware, Websockets plugin will be installed automatically.
11. Install the app OnkyoSocket form the Toon store.
12. Add OnkyoSocket to a tile.

13. Click the tile and set the configuration parameters. To use the Socket and the Wemos, slide the top slider to the right. ESP8266 IP is the ip address of the Wemos D1 mini.

14. Select "Show in Sleepmode” to have Toon to show title and artist on the screen when in Sleepmode.

15. Click "Save" on the right hand top corner.
16. Now put some music on the receiver (Spotify over Airplay for instance) and let the magic happen. Sometimes it will take some minutes after a new setup, this is normal..

17. To reset all settings on the Wemos D1 Mini you can go to the webpage of the Wemos D1 Mini in a browser.

To use with Domoticz
Domoticz needed

1 .Install the Onkyo receiver on Domoticz using the standard Hardware plugin. After installation go to Devices tab in Domoticz and write down the IDX numbers marked in Yellow:

2. On Toon, update to the latest firmware and install the app from the Toonstore.
3. Create a tile and click the tile to go to the settings menu.
4. Move the top slider to the left to get the domoticz options.

Fill all fields with the Domoticz data and click Save:

When the option "Show in Sleepmode" is selected, the tile will show the trackname and artistname during power on when the Toon is in sleepmode:

Templar

Re: Toon App New Onkyo & Pioneer Controller

Post by Templar »

Hi oepi-loepi,

Nice program, but why use the Wemos or Domoticz as the interface/controller? It's possible to control the Onkyo directly.

Templar
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Templar wrote:Hi oepi-loepi,

Nice program, but why use the Wemos or Domoticz as the interface/controller? It's possible to control the Onkyo directly.

Templar
How ? The Onkyo needs TCP Packets and those are not supported by Toon.
Templar

Post by Templar »

oepi-loepi wrote:

Templar
Ah, I didn't knew that was a limitation of Toon. I thought Toon had full ethernet access.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Templar wrote:
oepi-loepi wrote:

Templar
Ah, I didn't knew that was a limitation of Toon. I thought Toon had full ethernet access.
No problem but you can easily program a wemos. And they are extremely cheap (ab. 2 euros).
Templar

Post by Templar »

Well, I replaced my Onkyo with a Denon network receiver, which also uses TCP connections.
Denon AVR Network Protocol
Communication port : TCP port 23 (telnet)

HEOS
The HEOS products can be discovered using the UPnP SSDP protocol. Through discovery, the IP address of the HEOS products can be retrieved. Once the IP address is retrieved, a telnet connection to port 1255 can be opened to access the HEOS CLI and control the HEOS system.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Templar wrote:Well, I replaced my Onkyo with a Denon network receiver, which also uses TCP connections.
Denon AVR Network Protocol
Communication port : TCP port 23 (telnet)

HEOS
The HEOS products can be discovered using the UPnP SSDP protocol. Through discovery, the IP address of the HEOS products can be retrieved. Once the IP address is retrieved, a telnet connection to port 1255 can be opened to access the HEOS CLI and control the HEOS system.
Yes and TCP is not http in this case
Tin82
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tin82 »

Thank you for creating this app. It is working very nice.

One minor problem:
I have created a tile in the wrong position.
Now I am unable to remove it. Normally I long press
A tile and than a pop-up shows. With the pop-up
I can remove the tile. But that does not work with this app. Can you tell me how I should remove it?

Best regards.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Tin82 wrote:Thank you for creating this app. It is working very nice.

One minor problem:
I have created a tile in the wrong position.
Now I am unable to remove it. Normally I long press
A tile and than a pop-up shows. With the pop-up
I can remove the tile. But that does not work with this app. Can you tell me how I should remove it?

Best regards.
klick on the tile very low left. I will change it in the next update. Thanks.
Tin82
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tin82 »

Great. Thank you. Is there any chance you can add an option for a system tray icon?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Tin82 wrote:Great. Thank you. Is there any chance you can add an option for a system tray icon?
That is easy but the tray itself is not that big. We should be carefull putting all apps in the tray..
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

a lot of apps have an option in the settings screen to show or hide the tray icon. Could be implemented in this app as well.
member of the Toon Software Collective
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Toonz wrote:a lot of apps have an option in the settings screen to show or hide the tray icon. Could be implemented in this app as well.
Yes you are right an option is best. I will implemt that in the next update.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Tin82 wrote:Great. Thank you. Is there any chance you can add an option for a system tray icon?
In the (nightly update) i have added the trayicon (through settings) and dis a modification to the tile.
Tin82
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tin82 »

That's great! Thank you very much!

Return to “Toon Apps”