Toon App: Water

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon App: Water

Post by oepi-loepi »

Bedankt voor de terugkoppelingen. MQTT is idd mogelijk maar in dit geval met REST GET werkt het net even handiger en vraag net iets minder geheugen. Voor Wemos geen probleem maar ik ben ook nog met wat anders bezig. Volgt later....

De waterstand kan straks ook weer in toon bij de volgende versie worden ingevoerd. Ook op de wemos met een aparte knop en invoerveld. Daarnaast ook mogelijkheid om te updaten via een webinterface en mogelijkheid om een pin te selecteren. Ook mDNS is dan een mogelijkheid (local dns zoals esp-toonwater.local)

De reset is mss wat groot maar op app wel netjes. Zal in een volgende versie eraan denken.

UPDATE: de nieuwe .bin files staan erop

zonder Domoticz support:
zonder domotic supprt

met Domoticz support
met domoticz support

toon1 is de versie zonder optie voor domoticz, versie toon2 is de versie met de optie voor domoticz.

Deze update zal nog echt gedaan moeten worden met een kabeltje...eerste keer wel eerst even de blanco 4MB flashen om het geheugen even te wissen (github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... nk_4MB.bin).

UPDATE: versie 1.1.4 van de toonWater app is in goedkeurfase. In deze versie is het weer mogelijk nieuwe meterstanden ook in de toon op te geven.
Last edited by oepi-loepi on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

oepi-loepi wrote:New Version: 1.1.2

-Added possibilty to use Domoticz as sensor. It is possible but not advisable since this option is much slower than direct as with the Wemos
Question: on Toon the waterflow and the watermeter booth reacts direct on water use. In Domoticz also when longtime water use.
But when just a few liters water use in Domoticz the waterflow is updated verg quickly (<10s). But the watermeter does not respond, but more after aan hour.

Why not push update to Domoticz both sensors every 10 seconds, or diretly when waterflow is mesaured? And/or use MQTT?

Thank you!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I do send the quantity to Domoticz every 10 liters so not every pulse and send the flow every 30 seconds. In the next update i will lower the pulses from 10 to 5.

zonder Domoticz support:
zonder domotic supprt

met Domoticz support
met domoticz support
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

oepi-loepi wrote:I do send the quantity to Domoticz every 10 liters so not every pulse and send the flow every 30 seconds. In the next update i will lower the pulses from 10 to 5.

zonder Domoticz support:
zonder domotic supprt

met Domoticz support
met domoticz support
Wat een verbeteringen in 1.1.4, TOP!!

Handig misschien ook om versie ToonWater te laten zien op de homepage?

Verder complimenten!!!
Last edited by Tebogo on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Goede tip. Ik zal het meenemen in een volgende update.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

Another suggestion:
On the Toon when you select for e.g. "Water-verbruik nu" you get the config screen.
This is not the case with the default Toon "Electra nu", "Gas vandaag" and with your Solar Panel app "Zonnepanelen Nu". You always get in to the graphs.
Can you do this also for ToonWater?

Thank you!
rleunk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rleunk »

Thnx oepi-loepi, works greats in combination with my domoticz, it now fully replaced my s0 adapter which i had for reading water usage in domoticz. With your app i now have water usage on my Toon and available in domoticz
jerver
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jerver »

Hi Oepieloepie,

Looks good. Thx for your work.
Does your code also work with the analog sensor delivered with the Toon as posted by @westpat?
Are thoses pulses registered in the same way as the proximity sensor and are these in the same frequency?

I could have looked for myself but the source is not available on git.

Thx and regards.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

jerver wrote:Hi Oepieloepie,

Looks good. Thx for your work.
Does your code also work with the analog sensor delivered with the Toon as posted by @westpat?
Are thoses pulses registered in the same way as the proximity sensor and are these in the same frequency?

I could have looked for myself but the source is not available on git.

Thx and regards.
For the optical sensor the pulse has to be divided in 2. Also the position of the optical sensor is very important and needs to be very accurate. If you like i can send you an updated .bin file for the optical sensor (or make the optical .bin available on the github).
jerver
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jerver »

oepi-loepi wrote:
For the optical sensor the pulse has to be divided in 2. Also the position of the optical sensor is very important and needs to be very accurate. If you like i can send you an updated .bin file for the optical sensor (or make the optical .bin available on the github).
That will be great. Thx! When the .bin is available I will do some experimenting with the optical sensor and post the result.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

jerver wrote: That will be great. Thx! When the .bin is available I will do some experimenting with the optical sensor and post the result.
See version 1.1.16:

github.com/oepi-loepi/water_ESP_part/re ... 1_mini.bin

Version without domoticz support is not needed anymore (just disable in the setup menu).

version 1.1.16:
- pulsedivider to be set in setup menu for use of optical sensor (divide by 2)
- flow more than 120 l/min is set as false reading and not showing
rolinck
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rolinck »

I just updated the new firmware. Al seems to work fine.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this. Keep up the good work.
Tebogo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tebogo »

version 1.1.16:
- pulsedivider to be set in setup menu for use of optical sensor (divide by 2)
- flow more than 120 l/min is set as false reading and not showing
Thanks again!!

3 things I found on Toon.
1: ToonWater gives a negative value for the cost. As if I deliverd water :lol:
2: Where do I set the price of a m^3 water?
3: Possible to give watermeter when you click on Meterstand in the Graph?

Thanks!
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Tebogo wrote:

3 things I found on Toon.
1: ToonWater gives a negative value for the cost. As if I deliverd water :lol:
2: Where do I set the price of a m^3 water?
3: Possible to give watermeter when you click on Meterstand in the Graph?

Thanks!
1. Yes, people deliver water. However, to be honest: yellow water is not water.. do not drink. Please theck the cost values in 2.
2. Price is set in /mnt/data/qmf/config/config_happ_pwrusage.xml, look for water / billinginfo
3. The grap is standard toon so this is not possible. You can set the reading in the setup menu. The value will be send to Wemos and saved into wemos.
rolinck
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rolinck »

Happily using the water app for a couple of days now. But I’m having some issues with false readings. I assume when the npn sensor is closing / stops near it triggering point it is producing some false pulses.

My question is. Is it possible to implement a delay (debounce time) after a pulse? For my scenario a 1 or 2 second delay would be fine. But maybe is is nicer to have this adjustable.

Return to “Toon Apps”