OTGW not able to control Central Heating boiler anymore?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

gdschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW not able to control Central Heating boiler anymore?

Post by gdschut »

Hi All,
I’m using the Opentherm Gateway in combination with Home Assistant for a couple of years now, but recently I discovered that I am no longer able to control the boiler (room setpoint) from Home Assistant via the Opentherm Gateway anymore.
I'm quite sure about half a year ago I could change the setpoint of the room by adjusting the Climate of OTGW in Home Assistant. If I put it a couple of degrees up, the boiler would turn on an started heating my livingroom. Then there was the message “TELEFOON” on the display of my thermostat ( Remeha Celcia 20).
The change on Climate control would lead to a change of the room setpoint.
Now if I change the Climate of OTGW nothing happens, not on the boiler, not on the thermostat.
I do see changing values in the OTGW entities, but other than before. Now no longer the room setpoint changes, but only a “Room Setpoint Override OTGW (Thermostat)” which is only available if the ovrd is on.
My Boiler is an Intergas Kombi Kompakt HRE A.
I’m using the OTGW via WIFI by use of an ESP12.
The connection is fine, I updated the firmware of the OTGW to 5.3.
I have the same results by using the OTmonitor, and changing the thermostat setpoint also has no effect on the boiler any more. (Also tried FW 4.3 and 5.3, but no change...)
Perhaps is has something to do with maintenance on the boiler? Since than I get other values of OTGW filled perhaps the boiler has received a firmware update or so?

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Any help is welcome!
hvxl

Re: OTGW not able to control Central Heating boiler anymore?

Post by hvxl »

It would have been helpful if you had provided a log.

The Celcia 20 needs a very special procedure to change the room setpoint. The OTGW will only apply that procedure if it has detected that the thermostat is a Celcia 20. You can check if it has correctly figured that out using the PR=R command. That should return PR: R=C.

Changing the room setpoint is something that is worked out between the OTGW and the thermostat. Any changes on the boiler would not affect this.
Schelte
gdschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gdschut »

Thanks!
After a couple of restarts of both boiler and OTGW the problem is gone. Reading your explanation I think it would have had something to do with te recognition of the thermostat.
Is there any way to force this recognition of the Celcia 20?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Well, there is the FT (Force Thermostat) command. :wink:
Schelte
gdschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gdschut »

Thanks for your kind help!

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”