CM11usb problems

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

CM11usb problems

Post by MindBender »

Hi Lorenzo. I am not a HomeSeer user myself: I have installed a trial version twice but in both times I came to the conclusion that it didn't meet my requirements. So do not have much experience with it and my comments may be wrong, but this is what I have understood:
The CTX35 (and so the PMIX35 X10-interface-part too) uses the same protocol as the ACT TI-103. Since HomeSeer supports this interface, the CTX35 can be used too using the same driver. The ACT TI-213 seems to be an 220 Volt version of the TI-103, but AFAIK the serial protocol is identical.
Does this answer your question?
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

CM11usb problems

Post by drmacchi »

Hi MinBender, yes!
I alsso confirm that cti213 is EU version. i didn't know that ctx35 uses the same protocol than TI-103, so we have simply to choose the same plugin.
Cheers, Lorenzo
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

CM11usb problems

Post by Bwired »

Check this topic, lots of info about X10 and A10, I have updated the link today.
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

CM11usb problems

Post by drmacchi »

Digit, about your "multiple clients" , could you a pratical example and its adavantages of having multiple clients in HS. what are, what do they do? Isn't more simple to start the web-server in IE to manage everything?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

CM11usb problems

Post by Digit »

Well i wasn't really thinking of HS when talking about multiple clients actually, but more in general. UDP broadcast can be handy when you've got multiple applications running that all need the same data coming from the device and you can't combine the functions of those multiple applications into one (because you didn't make them yourself, for instance and it's not OS).
In my work i once used UDP broadcast to 'control' client applications running on dozens of PC's, like sending out a UDP broadcast telling them to shutdown ASAP in case of maintenance and things like that.

That's why i am curious.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

CM11usb problems

Post by drmacchi »

Ok, the post has been moved, we'll meet there ... cheers

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”