Is HC2 beyond fixing?

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
robmac
Starting Member
Starting Member

Is HC2 beyond fixing?

Post by robmac »

So we all know that we have yet another release for HC2 that is less than promised. How many think that HC2 can be fixed :?:

Robert
AshaiRey

Re: Is HC2 beyond fixing?

Post by AshaiRey »

What must be fixed?
Bram
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

What i understand is that the long awaited update is pretty shitty
groeten,
Harry
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

And people are loosing fate. As I understand. Comments on Facebook where pretty bad. But are deleted now. I'm happy I sticked to homeseer. Cause I think hc2 can be fixed but won't be fixed
groeten,
Harry
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

robmac wrote:So we all know that we have yet another release for HC2 that is less than promised. How many think that HC2 can be fixed :?:

Robert
I think they'll have something proper in about 3 to 6 months from now.. Srsly, they have a LOT to catch up to, I wonder how many dev's are actually working on it.. From the feel of it I would say 2 or 3, because it looks like the fix about 4 - 10 bugs in 2 - 3 weeks sprints.. That's not really good. Also they refuse to answer any questions on development methodes, unit testing (or any testing for that matter).

There must be some guys getting seriously rich from them, because I think they're selling plenty of units and labor prices in Poland can't be that glorious...
Kind Regards,
Greg.
OnnoH
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by OnnoH »

I've lost faith. They're calling beta-release hot fixes now :D

It still is a very nice system. But support for 'foreign' Z-wave devices is a bit lagging. I've mainly Fibaro devices, so I can't complain. I decided to jump over to Indigo since I'm a MacFan and liked the iTunes integration and the Python scripting better, compared to Virtual Devices and LUA.

In the GUI department the HC2 is doing a better job on all accounts, although you cannot change every icon. Creating Virtual Devices is fun, but they favour plugins now and I did not want to take the learning curve...

As far as I can tell Fibaro bit of more than can chew (Marketing/Sales vs. Development/QA) but they're sure trying to swallow it all :)
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

OnnoH wrote:I've lost faith. They're calling beta-release hot fixes now :D
I though as much when I saw your HC2 for sale.. I wonder if you will be able to get a good price..
Kind Regards,
Greg.

Return to “Fibaro”