Problems with X10 signal

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Deenj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Problems with X10 signal

Post by Deenj »

I've been using for years various X10 devices (Saix, Daix, AWM2P, TM13, CM15, CM10, power modules, etc). X10 is not always fast, but it has always functioned properly after. Since a week certain modules respond poorly or not at all. The plug modules work still reasonable, the Xanura modules barely.

I already replaced the CM15 and a SAIX a new AWM2P, things are not better off. I can measure in different ways X10 signals on the net (HCB, PUX) and the commands are aswell, but the relevant modules just do not respond. I'm desperate, I hope someone can help me on my way.
Last edited by Bwired on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: translated by google, please follow forum rules!
Homeseer 2-3, Xanura, Visonic 868.95, Visonic Powermax Pro, Plugwise Smile en Stretch, RFXCOM 443, Zwave, Sonos, X10, Somfy
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problems with X10 signal

Post by Bwired »

there is lot of information about this on this forum, so check out like
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?t=2857
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8456

your power-line needs to be completely filterd.
Did you by a new device recently which is causing disturbance, or the noise is coming form outside (neighbors) in to your home over the powerline
or do you use RF x10 modules which can cause and overkill sending packages when battery is poor.
Deenj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Deenj »

I use filters and phase coupler from Xanura for almost 10 years. I use RF, TM13 and CM15pro but without battery. With my Xanura PUX I see a lot of frames, but I don't now if that is normal. The devices how still work are slower than before, en sometime after switch on (HS) the switch right off again. I also shutdown all the X10 transmitters and only use the TM13 en a remote, it helps sometime, but today again nothing. Its a mystery, there are no changes made in the X10 config before the problems start.
Homeseer 2-3, Xanura, Visonic 868.95, Visonic Powermax Pro, Plugwise Smile en Stretch, RFXCOM 443, Zwave, Sonos, X10, Somfy
Deenj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Deenj »

The last our I measure de noise with the PUX on several Wall outlets. At the places were the modules work well, there is 15mv noise. At the place where the modules fail there is about 80mv of noise. I achieved some progress. When I put the PUX in a outlet with low noise, I can perfectly switch the "failed" device. In a outlet near to that device, switching is not possible.

Now something is getting clear to me. When I programmed a new AWM2P to replaced the failed Saix last week, on my test stand the AWM2P work well, en on the spot it was not. The failed SAIX after that worked fine in the test stand.

How can I find out what the course is off the noise.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”