Still interest in this plugin?`

Buienradar monitor HS3 plugin van Labium (Dutch allowed forum)

Moderator: labium

stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Still interest in this plugin?`

Post by stefxx »

As labium stated in the original thread about the Buienradar plugin, he doesn't actively work on this plugin anymore. So I requested if I could have a look and potentially work on it to get it to a more mature state. This is what I did so far:
- removed the C++ graphics code and replaced by a much more simple vb.net graph (sorry, my C++ is not good enough, so currently the graph is not as nice as before)
- removed all external dependencies (.dll, .js etc) to make installation a lot more simple, just a single .exe
- added support for Linux

I would like to collect some more data so I could potentially build triggers like "rain expected within xx minutes" or conditions like "more than xx mm of rain in the last 24 hours". But that is for later.

For now I would like to know if there is still interest in this plugin and if there are features you would like to see... no promises but good ideas might get implemented :-)
raymonvdm

Re: Still interest in this plugin?`

Post by raymonvdm »

I think i`m interested :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I've moved to HS3 and I'm still in the process of migrating my more complex events, so yes I'm interested and the timing is perfect :-)
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Yes !,

for now i use my own script to parse the tekst buienradar "widget", which function quite well

regards

bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
johnz

Post by johnz »

I am very interested. I use the script in HS2 to retract the sunscreens when it is going to rain. Now that I am slowly going over to HS3 I would welcome this plugin!

Regards,
John
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Ok, first test version is available: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=10526
johnz

Post by johnz »

Great, thanks!
John
John

Post by John »

Thanks great plug-in,

Under the locations section in the confirguration the loacion will be displayed twice.

Under the location section in the configuration the possible action will be "mon". Is this monitoring? As the column with is large enough it is also possible to write "monitoring"
mon.PNG
mon.PNG (26.05 KiB) Viewed 10262 times
When creating an event I'm not able to slect an event. How do I need to generate the house and unit code?
Event.PNG
Event.PNG (30.33 KiB) Viewed 10262 times
Feature requests:

1) Is it possible to split the string with the statuses in multiple strings?
2) addition of the unlight intensity and maybe the other information from the Buienradar site
3) Addition of the rain expectatons for the upcomming 24 hours

---

John
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

John wrote:Under the locations section in the confirguration the loacion will be displayed twice.
I guess you mean the city? Yeah, I know.
John wrote:Under the location section in the configuration the possible action will be "mon". Is this monitoring? As the column with is large enough it is also possible to write "monitoring"
Yes it does. I know there is room for improvement, thanks :D
John wrote:When creating an event I'm not able to slect an event. How do I need to generate the house and unit code?
Events do not work yet. I need to get a lot more data structered before I start creating events. I will disable this default event that you are seeing now as it is quite confusion.
John wrote:1) Is it possible to split the string with the statuses in multiple strings?
Not sure. I don't want several devices for each locations. But I might add some scripting functions to get specific data from the device and device strings later.
John wrote:2) addition of the unlight intensity and maybe the other information from the Buienradar site
3) Addition of the rain expectatons for the upcomming 24 hours
If there is a proper API to get that info it might get added. I don't know of such API, currently it is only providing me with two hours of prediction.

Return to “Homeseer Buienradar monitor HS3 plugin”