Rooting Toon (or boxx)

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Rooting Toon (or boxx)

Post by TheHogNL »

You are missing the TRST and SRST and I guess those are used to halt and reset the cpu.
You can have it rooted by me for only 10 euros :) https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1563352267
Member of the Toon Software Collective
toonnoot

Post by toonnoot »

I've bought a second hand Pi and manage to root it
Thanks all for the help!

If anyone is getting weird errors while using a JTAG tool instead of a Pi, make sure to buy a JLINK instead of a USB blaster.
Or, better, just buy a second hand Pi for 15 euros :-)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Great News :)
wallie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wallie »

I have rooted twices the toon1 succesfully with jtag CP2102 usb with toon older bootloader.
I want to try rooting Toon1 with uboot R10 with Cp2102 Jtag openocd method.
Tried many things downloaded openocd but still unsucesfully.

Can someone help guide me to get connection cp2102 jtag openocd with toon?
i use Windows 10.

i dont know if this is the right place for my question, this is a very usefull forum.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

wallie wrote:I have rooted twices the toon1 succesfully with jtag CP2102 usb with toon older bootloader.
I want to try rooting Toon1 with uboot R10 with Cp2102 Jtag openocd method.
Tried many things downloaded openocd but still unsucesfully.

Can someone help guide me to get connection cp2102 jtag openocd with toon?
i use Windows 10.

i dont know if this is the right place for my question, this is a very usefull forum.
Ver specific question. Most of us, maybe all, just use the Pi script toonrooter which does not need to use a seperate opencd jtag debugger. I can't help you I am afraid.
vep9tb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vep9tb »

@ TheHogNL:
Are you still available for the rooting of Toon 1, i just had a new Toon 2 installed yesterday which means that i have a complete Toon 1 left over and i want to play with it a bit.
But in order to start playing it needs to be rooted and i do not have the hardware or time to do this myself.
You're link on MP has expired, but if you are still in to it i would like to get in contact, or els maybe someone else who can do this for me?

GreeTz, Patrick.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

vep9tb wrote:@ TheHogNL:
Are you still available for the rooting of Toon 1, i just had a new Toon 2 installed yesterday which means that i have a complete Toon 1 left over and i want to play with it a bit.
But in order to start playing it needs to be rooted and i do not have the hardware or time to do this myself.
You're link on MP has expired, but if you are still in to it i would like to get in contact, or els maybe someone else who can do this for me?

GreeTz, Patrick.
You've already contacted me on Marktplaats as i see the resembles of the messages.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I just rooted a toon1, after root i use sh /root/update-rooted.sh -f normally this works fine and the toon is activated

The toon boot but the last 2mm in the status bar is not running, after 3-4 min the toon starts, but getting te message ist not activated.

when i check /HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml its indeed not activated.
I have set it a few times to <activated>1</activated> but it is set to 0 after reboot.

The firmware is 5.35.100 maybe thats te isseu, (toon`s slimme functies zijn niet actief)
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Daniel wrote:I just rooted a toon1, after root i use sh /root/update-rooted.sh -f normally this works fine and the toon is activated

The toon boot but the last 2mm in the status bar is not running, after 3-4 min the toon starts, but getting te message ist not activated.

when i check /HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml its indeed not activated.
I have set it a few times to <activated>1</activated> but it is set to 0 after reboot.

The firmware is 5.35.100 maybe thats te isseu, (toon`s slimme functies zijn niet actief)
Try re-running the fixes.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I tried the fix again ,unfortunately it remains to 0

The first time I saw that gas and electricity were also at 0, i set them to 1 and after teboot the where visible in the menu.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Daniel wrote:I tried the fix again ,unfortunately it remains to 0

The first time I saw that gas and electricity were also at 0, i set them to 1 and after teboot the where visible in the menu.
Did you already try a factory reset? Or is the current data in the toon important to you?

And before that, do you have a file /qmf/var/hcb_bxtproxy-oidcIdToken.json ? Try to delete and reboot (and fix again).
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

TheHogNL wrote:

Did you already try a factory reset? Or is the current data in the toon important to you?

And before that, do you have a file /qmf/var/hcb_bxtproxy-oidcIdToken.json ? Try to delete and reboot (and fix again).
thanks that`s it. delete the file and do the fix. now its working fine!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Daniel wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:

thanks that`s it. delete the file and do the fix. now its working fine!
Ok great. I will add that to the script to delete that file.

For who is interested, that file provides access to the new AWS-IOT service center of the Toon. All Toons with .100 in the firmware are in a test field to communicatie with this new service center, not needing the VPN anymore. Deleting the file removes access to that service and therefore removes any connection between your Toon and Eneco/Quby.

No worries for deleting the file. It is a temporary file which normally updates automatically. If the file is gone, the Toon will initiate a VPN again to get a new file. As the VPN in rooted toons is blocked this file is never regenerated. But enabling the VPN again (for example, when you want to remove the root on the Toon and use it for a subscription again, this is still works then).
Rkzr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rkzr »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to root the Toon of my neighbour.
This is a Toon with sn 16, so I've installed openOCD on my RPI4 and using a JTAG cable with the pinout mentioned in the TooonRooter readme.

Everything works fine until the last step:
"Now the Toon loads the “hacked” u-boot loader which has the password “toon”."

I'm able to access the Toon on Serial0 with screen but it look very fuzzy and the password is not accepted and also the session is constantly terminating.
I've tried to connect with putty but this isn't working (error: unable to open serial port).

Does anyone has an idea? Thnx!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Rkzr wrote:Hi guys,

I'm trying to root the Toon of my neighbour.
This is a Toon with sn 16, so I've installed openOCD on my RPI4 and using a JTAG cable with the pinout mentioned in the TooonRooter readme.

Everything works fine until the last step:
"Now the Toon loads the “hacked” u-boot loader which has the password “toon”."

I'm able to access the Toon on Serial0 with screen but it look very fuzzy and the password is not accepted and also the session is constantly terminating.
I've tried to connect with putty but this isn't working (error: unable to open serial port).

Does anyone has an idea? Thnx!
What do you mean? That sentence is not from the script but from the one who created a manual guide for the rooting process with openocd.
If you have problems with the ToonRooter script, please enable debug and copy paste the result of that.

And read this https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollecti ... ot-working

Return to “Toon Rooting”