Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mAiden

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Post by mAiden »

alcomys wrote:Hi guys,

i want to use toon with domoticz but my toon has an 404 error when try to access the webpage of toon.
what is see is the following url when type the ip of my toon (http://192.168.188.51/qmf/www/) and an error 404
i did use the autoupdate script several times but nothing changes.
do i miss some files ?

thanks
That directory does not exist.
Try: http://192.168.188.51/happ_thermstat?ac ... mostatInfo
This one will show Thermostat info in json format.

Or try:

http://192.168.188.51/happ_pwrusage?act ... rrentUsage

Will show Usage in json format.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

mAiden wrote:
alcomys wrote:Hi guys,

i want to use toon with domoticz but my toon has an 404 error when try to access the webpage of toon.
what is see is the following url when type the ip of my toon (http://192.168.188.51/qmf/www/) and an error 404
i did use the autoupdate script several times but nothing changes.
do i miss some files ?

thanks
That directory does not exist.
Try: http://192.168.188.51/happ_thermstat?ac ... mostatInfo
This one will show Thermostat info in json format.

Or try:

http://192.168.188.51/happ_pwrusage?act ... rrentUsage

Will show Usage in json format.

http://192.168.x.x:8080/json.htm?type=c ... IDXnr&nval
ue=0&svalue=192.168.y.y

when i edit this url to be used for domoticz i got the url with the 404 error
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Your question is domoticz related, not a toon firmware issue. Please ask in the topic for using your toon with domoticz: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=12097
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

TheHogNL wrote:Your question is domoticz related, not a toon firmware issue. Please ask in the topic for using your toon with domoticz: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=12097
thanks for redirect but as usual you have always comment on what i say or ask.
i asked this here because i thought is was related to the firmware of the toon because the web interface does not show up when use the ip as url for testing if the server works.

thanks.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

I'm just pointing you to the right topic to ask you question. This is normal forum behaviour.
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

I dont know if it is right to place my question in this sub forum but remove if needed,
in a few days my toon reboots automatic 2 or 3 times a day.
some weeks before i did not mentioned this problem.
can someone piont me to the right direction to solve this problem ?
or maybe this is not an problem at all.

best regards
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

One reason could be that you have too many custom apps running which consume all available memory. At that point Toon will restart the gui automatically to free up RAM.
Removing some apps solves it if this is indeed the reason for your Toon to reboot.
P. S. This only happens on Toon 1. The newer Toons 2 have much more RAM memory
member of the Toon Software Collective
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

Toonz wrote:One reason could be that you have too many custom apps running which consume all available memory. At that point Toon will restart the gui automatically to free up RAM.
Removing some apps solves it if this is indeed the reason for your Toon to reboot.
P. S. This only happens on Toon 1. The newer Toons 2 have much more RAM memory
i try to remove some apps first.
and indeed my toon is the version 1

thanks.
ovdleun
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ovdleun »

Hi all,

So I rooted my Toon this evening. Besides some quirks I managed to successfully complete it.
But I've couple of questions.

- Regarding the SC message, all posts are referring to a QML file: /HCBv2/qml/apps/internetSettings/InternetSettingsApp.qml
However, on my system there are really no qml files .... I tarred the whole /HCBv2 (links to /qmf) and downloaded it to my PC. Then ran find and grep but nothing .... anyone an idea?

My version: # opkg list-installed | grep -i base-qb
base-qb2-uni - 5.0.4-1286-0

- config_happ_scsync.xml - viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11235#p83254
This file does exist, and I modified some params because my Toon was 'expired'. So I changed:
EndDate > replaced val with -1 | This make my histories and other menu's to work again
scStatusFlags > was value 4, changed it to 0 and 1, didn't seem anything to do
commissionState> This also has value: 4 | Don't know what it does so haven't changed it (yet)
BTW: mine has an extra value:
<Status>OUT_SUPPLY</Status>

Everything else seems just to be ok..

Regards,
Onno
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Just install the update-rooted.sh script and run it with option -f. That should fix the issues you mention, and installs a base system for further use with our apps.
ovdleun
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ovdleun »

Hi Marcelr,
marcelr wrote:Just install the update-rooted.sh script and run it with option -f. That should fix the issues you mention, and installs a base system for further use with our apps.
Awesome! That indeed fixed it. Not sure why but will have a look at the script ;o)
Many thanks and provided the same (hopefully) solution to Ron @ viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11756&start=225#p90342

Cheers,
Onno.

P.S.
The reason I didn't use the script was to have some control/knowledge about what's being done. Not paranoid or something, just a feeling.
Next time I'll just review the script right away and figure out what I'm missing.
warp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by warp »

marcelr wrote:
Toonz wrote:Another question: my dev toon is not connected to the boiler. Does anyone know if there is an opentherm boiler simulator (via a raspberry for example?) out there which I can connect to the 'keteladapter' ?
Yes.

It consist of an OTGW with the interface firmware flashed onto it, a USB-to-serial adapter and a piece of software (GPL, although I haven't added the notices yet ;-) ), running on a linux box (typically my laptop computer, but a raspi will do nicely).
Just yell if you want it (the software, you will have to buy the hardware yourself).
Hi marcelr,
I bought and installed an OTGW with the interface firmware for almost the same purpose.
I can see on the OTGW messages from the toon when I activate the boiler module.
But since I don’t send the correct answer (because I don't know the correct answer), it disconnects after 4-5 seconds.
I would interested in having your software in order to speed up the integration of my boiler.
Thanks.
warp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by warp »

Playing around with my Toon, I decided to make a reset of data in order to remove all data from the previous owner.
Every worked fine, except that I now see that the BoilerMonitor app has disappeared.

First of all : is this app useful ? If not I can leave without. (I have a virtual boiler connected with the opentherm comm)

Then I searched in this forum, and found info on that app.
It should be located here : /qmf/qml/apps/boilerMonitor/ and it normally contains (at least) the file : BoilerMonitorApp.qml
In my toon, all what it contains is the subfolder lang. Nothing else.

Im' running the latest firmware : 5.9.6 but this app was already there with this same firmware (when I rooted the toon).
It's only when making a reset the app disappeared.
It's in the TSC menu where we can chose to remove apps, but it's enabled. (to be sure I disabled it, restarted the toon, re-enabled it, but no luck).
....ok I just see there's a brand new firmware 5.13.12 , so I'm not running the latest firmware.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

warp wrote:Playing around with my Toon, I decided to make a reset of data in order to remove all data from the previous owner.
Every worked fine, except that I now see that the BoilerMonitor app has disappeared.

First of all : is this app useful ? If not I can leave without. (I have a virtual boiler connected with the opentherm comm)
Unnecessary if you don't have a Eneco toon subscription.
warp wrote: Then I searched in this forum, and found info on that app.
It should be located here : /qmf/qml/apps/boilerMonitor/ and it normally contains (at least) the file : BoilerMonitorApp.qml
In my toon, all what it contains is the subfolder lang. Nothing else.
All Toon native apps are in the resource file (/qmf/qml/resource-something.rcc) since firmware 4.16 .. :-)
warp wrote: Im' running the latest firmware : 5.9.6 but this app was already there with this same firmware (when I rooted the toon).
It's only when making a reset the app disappeared.
It's in the TSC menu where we can chose to remove apps, but it's enabled. (to be sure I disabled it, restarted the toon, re-enabled it, but no luck).
....ok I just see there's a brand new firmware 5.13.12 , so I'm not running the latest firmware.
Should be running if the feature in the tsc menu is toggle on so it is weird but then again,... it isn't useful :-)
Or are you confusing with the BoilerStatus app from the toonstore?
warp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by warp »

TheHogNL wrote:Unnecessary if you don't have a Eneco toon subscription.
Then not sure I have to investigate further :-)
TheHogNL wrote:All Toon native apps are in the resource file (/qmf/qml/resource-something.rcc) since firmware 4.16 .. :-)
This folder is almost empty.
Here is what I have :

Code: Select all

eneco-001-xxxxxx:/qmf/qml# ls -alh
drwxrwxr-x    5 root     root        1016 Sep 29 20:33 .
drwxrwxr-x   11 root     root         992 May 26 17:40 ..
drwxrwxr-x   36 root     root        3.0K Sep 27 20:47 apps
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         312 Sep 29 20:33 config
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        6.2M Jun 19 08:55 drawables-base.rcc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        7.7M Jun 19 08:55 drawables-ebl.rcc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          27 Sep 11 13:29 drawables.rcc -> /qmf/qml/drawables-base.rcc
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         224 Jun 19 08:55 qb
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        1.4M Sep 29 20:33 resources-static-base.rcc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        1.4M Sep 27 20:47 resources-static-base.rcc.backup
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        1.4M Sep 29 20:33 resources-static-ebl.rcc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        1.4M Sep 27 20:47 resources-static-ebl.rcc.backup
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          34 Sep 11 13:29 resources.rcc -> /qmf/qml/resources-static-base.rcc
eneco-001-xxxxxx:/qmf/qml#
TheHogNL wrote:Should be running if the feature in the tsc menu is toggle on so it is weird but then again,... it isn't useful :-)
Or are you confusing with the BoilerStatus app from the toonstore?
That's what I expected as well.
Searching on the internet I could finally find a very low quality image showing the icon. It's a small green icon of a boiler with a checkmark in it (very similar to the icons in the overview in settings) with text "Cv-Ketel".
It seems to me I remember when clicking on this icon there was a message saying something like "We don't have enough information on your boiler until now....."

If anyway you tell me it's useless without a subscription, the only question that remains is why this app disappeared.
But whatever, I can live with (without) that.
Thanks for the support.

Return to “Toon Firmware”