Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Toon app: Buienradar

Post by Toonz »

This is the continuation of a series of other posts on the buienradar app, in another thread. It starts here:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11234&start=45#p81263
Posts in that thread are mixed with other subjects, this new thread should stick to buienradar only.

HI all,

a new release of the buienradar app after feedback from the user panel (my wife):

Changelog:
- added sunrise/sunset times to the detail screen
- clicking on the weather forecast text box on the details screen now opens a new full screen weather forecast.
the text box on the details screen is still scrollable but this is not working very user friendly

N.B. keep the three files ("selected...txt) in your buienradar app folder on toon with your location data.

Idea for a further change: replace the weather icon on the buienradar tile with the rain forecast graph for the next two hours if rain is expected.
This will save a tile position for the rain forecast. Makes sense?

EDIT: attachment removed. See next post

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Post by Toonz »

a small bug fix update:

Changelog:
- fixed an error where after reading the default lon/lat coordinates from file at startup, the exact location of the yellow markers on the big and small buienradar image screens where not updated

EDIT: attachment removed. Buienradar now available via ToonStore

Regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

apologies for my lousy version control.
In the last few releases 5 lines were missing from BuienradarApp.qm at line 255:

Code: Select all

if (BuienradarJS.determineNight (timeStr, zonopkomst, zononder)) 
							screenStateController.backLightValueScreenDimmed = 10;
						else
							screenStateController.backLightValueScreenDimmed = 30;
						screenStateController.notifyChangeOfSettings();
These lines reduces the brightness value in dim state to 10 automatically after sunset and increase again to 30 after sunrise.
I personally find at very convenient. If you don't think this is important you can either stick to the last release or comment out these lines.
N.B. Last change was to add a full screen weather forecast (text only) when clicking on the weather forecast text in the detail screen for easier reading.
The big screen is scrollable as well, so all text is now easily readable.

Last edited by Toonz on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Happy to give the next release of the buienradar app.
On the main radarimage screen (accessible via the systray icon) you can also select the 'pollenradar', 'muggenradar' and 'BBQ radar' images showing the predictions for the next 5 days.
Default option is always the standard buienradar images.

Changelog:
- added Mosquitoradar, BBQ radar and pollenradar to the main Buienradar screen (accessible via the systray icon)
- added this changelog

I also added a full Changelog.txt in the zipfile.

N.B. In the BuienradarApp.Qml at line 253-257 is code active which controls the brightness setting of the screen in dimstate based on sunrise/sunset times. If you don't want that remove those lines or comment out.

EDIT: I removed version 8 for now because of two bugs:
- the icon marker was not placed correctly because I moved the map but not the marker
- the rain tile was reading testdata instead of actual data

Corrected version will be posted later today.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hi Toonz,

i just had a look at the new buienradar. Looks good, although now my location in the big radar screen has moved a bit far to the east. (halfway between the Dutch border and Poland). Not sure what it is. The four options for all kinds of radars are really cool.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Happy to give the next release of the buienradar app (Thanks to Marcelr for testing).
On the main radarimage screen (accessible via the systray icon) you can also select the 'pollenradar', 'muggenradar' and 'BBQ radar' images showing the predictions for the next 5 days.
Default option is always the standard buienradar images.

Changelog:
- corected a bug where the small yellow marker on the big radarimage map was dislocated (bug was introduced in version 8 by moving the map but not the marker)
- yellow marker now suppressed when viewing muggenradar, pollenradar or BBQ radar on big radarscreen

- added Mosquitoradar, BBQ radar and pollenradar to the main Buienradar screen (accessible via the systray icon)
- added this changelog

I also added a full Changelog.txt in the zipfile.

N.B. In the BuienradarApp.Qml at line 253-257 is code active which controls the brightness setting of the screen in dimstate based on sunrise/sunset times. If you don't want that remove those lines or comment out.

EDIT: Removed attachment, later version below....

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

latest addition: additional static screens as provided by buienradar.

Changelog:
-added the following NL - maps to the big radarimage screen accessible via de systray (button "Extra schermen")
minimum temperature today
maximum temperature today
actual temperature
actual windforce and direction
minimum ground temperature today (convenient during winter)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

a small cosmetic update for Buienradar to update some screen titles. If you are not bothered by that there is no need to install this version.

Changelog
-cosmetic change: updated screen titles for minimum and maximum temperature in the extra radar screens
-teaser: added the version.txt file for an exiting future development coming soon (or not, depending on the progress we make)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

new Buienradar app release.

Changelog:
- rain prediction data feed URL did change at the buienradar site (for the next 2 hour rain prediction tile per lat/lon coordinates)

- actual temperature saved after each update to file:///var/volatile/tmp/actualBuienradarTemp.txt for use in the TemperatureLogger app version 1.2 onwards.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Hi,
Could you check the code for the saveLat saveLon? I think it is not saving the lat/lon into the .txt. file when only clicking the map. It looks like it only saves when entering it manually.

I noticed this because I was stuyding how you did the save to the txt file for my own app :)

regards, Igor
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TheHogNL wrote:Hi,
Could you check the code for the saveLat saveLon? I think it is not saving the lat/lon into the .txt. file when only clicking the map. It looks like it only saves when entering it manually.
Thanks, good catch !!
Functions to save the new coordinates were not even called when clicking on the map.
Already patched now, plus some cosmetic changes on that screen (labels did not fitting correctly).
Will show up in the ToonStore in the near future.....

Kind regardz,

Toonz
aritmeester
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by aritmeester »

Hi Toonz,

Thanks for all your efforts in building this much better Buienradar app. I really like the app.
I have one cosmetic changerequest. Toon is displaying the room temperature without the Celsius sign. The outside temperature on the Buienradar tile is displaying the Celcius sign. Is it possible to remove the Celcius sign?
I think Celcius is the common unit for the service area of Toon.nl :)

Thanks!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

aritmeester wrote:Hi Toonz,
Thanks for all your efforts in building this much better Buienradar app. I really like the app.
I have one cosmetic changerequest. Toon is displaying the room temperature without the Celsius sign. The outside temperature on the Buienradar tile is displaying the Celcius sign. Is it possible to remove the Celcius sign?
I think Celcius is the common unit for the service area of Toon.nl :)
Thanks!
Hi aritmeester,

welcome on this forum. Just checking: what firmware version are you using on Toon?
On my Toon the room temperature is shown with the celcius sign (firmware 4.4.21 but I believe that was the case also on 3.7.9).
Look here for a recent screenshot: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=87& ... =90#p83077

Kind regardz,

Toonz
aritmeester
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by aritmeester »

Thanks! I am also running on latest (4.4.21) toon firmware version.

The screenshot you are referring to is exactly showing what I want to be optimized.
The Toon values are shown without the C (28,5º and 18,0º). The buienradar temperature is being shown with the C (22,8ºC)

My request is to remove the C from the Buienradar temperature to make the way temperature values are being displayed more consistent.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Got it, I never noticed :)

Return to “Toon Apps”