Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

MarieJo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Post by MarieJo »

Ok , I will install asap. Thank you very much !
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

MarieJo wrote:Ok , I will install asap. Thank you very much !
The new app is available now (refresh the ToonStore list to see it immediately) : https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic. ... 548#p99696

Also, the current Buienradar app has a new version in the ToonStore as well.
The 'feeltemperature' value on the tile is now taken from the buienradar feed instead of being calculated within the app (for consistence with the new EU Buienradar app)

KInd regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
MarieJo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MarieJo »

Hi, I installed EU buienradar, and put in the locatieontwikkelaar Hoeilaart(be). The actuele buienradar is ok, But I do get an empty screen in the pollenradar. In the buienradar +24 Horus I have the impression that the focus is still on the Netherlands. Can you verify please what Goes wrong?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

MarieJo wrote:Hi, I installed EU buienradar, and put in the locatieontwikkelaar Hoeilaart(be). The actuele buienradar is ok, But I do get an empty screen in the pollenradar. In the buienradar +24 Horus I have the impression that the focus is still on the Netherlands. Can you verify please what Goes wrong?
I noticed today as well that the url has changed for the pollenradar (is now redirected to another url which apparently Toon isn't handling properly). I can change that to the new url (also need to do that in the other buienradar app.
I will also look into the 24h forecast screen, maybe it isn't available for BE, will have a look)

EDIT: apologies, the pollenradar not showing was a coding error (in an attempt to remove unused code I removed one line too much)
EDIT2: the 24h screen for Belgium is different than the one for NL. Need to figure out if and how to display the BE version
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

The first release of the EU Buienradar app is available in the ToonStore (version 1.0.1). This app will give you the weather data and forecast for all EU cities.
In the 'Location' screen you can search for any city in Europe, lat/Lon coordinates will be automatically applied for the selected city.
You can tweak the lan/lot coordinates later for your exact location, this is mainly relevant for the 'Rain prediction' tile for NL and BE users.

The app has the same look and feel as the existing Buienradar app for NL but with noticeable differences due to the fact different datasources are used:
- the tile does not contain the airpressure
- a full written weather forecast in text is not available
- radar images will show the NL map for cities in NL, the BE map for cities in Belgium or the full EU map for all other countries.
- 'Pollenradar' image is only available for NL and BE, the option is hidden for all other countries
- this app shows 9 days weather forecast instead of 7 in the original app for the selected city
- the data for the 'Rain prediction' tile is only available for NL and BE cities
- datasources used are updated less frequently then the original app. Users in NL are advised to use the existing Buienradar app unless you want the flexibility to see the weather in your holiday destinations :-).

This app combines data for European cities from buienradar.nl (multi-day forecast) as well as openweathermap.org (actual weather data per city).
Happy to take any feedback and suggestions for improvements.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

MarieJo wrote:Hi, I installed EU buienradar, and put in the locatieontwikkelaar Hoeilaart(be). The actuele buienradar is ok, But I do get an empty screen in the pollenradar. In the buienradar +24 Horus I have the impression that the focus is still on the Netherlands. Can you verify please what Goes wrong?
Hi,

both issues are fixed in version 1.0.2, updates have been submitted to be released in the ToonStore.
The first one was a coding error on my side, the second issue with the 24h map was because Belgium was not supported by their API version 1.0.
I now use version 2.0 of the API for this map, working fine but a bit slower than the old API.

EDIT: version 1.0.2 is available in the ToonStore now

KInd regardz,

Toonz
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Hi guys, an question:
My buienradar app keeps saying its 3.5 degrees at the wheaterstation (De Bilt).

Is this an known issue?

Thanks
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Sorry...an reboot did the trick!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Since yesterday 14:00 the weatherstation data is not updated anymore in the json file.
I have asked buienradar.nl to look into this.

No need to take action, just wait until they fixed it....

EDIT: I noticed it was fixed around 10:00.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

It looks like it still does not work for me.

My google kalender and Buienradar and the toon store and afval kalender does not connect to the servers.

I reboot my Toon 1, I also reboot my router but nothing works.

Internal LAN works because I see that I received data from the zonnenpanelen but no information from internet.

Ping google.com works I get reply back.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

not sure if this is the right topic as you seem to have wider connectivity issues impacting all apps
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hi,

Okay I think I have a bigger issue so I created a new toppic in the dutch section.

Thanks.

Regards,
Michel
Blacky's Boss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Blacky's Boss »

This seems to have crashed somewhere in the last couple of days. 'Vooruitzichten' work, but there is no current info from the weatherstation. (De Bilt, in my case). Or am I the only one? It also looks like it's too busy doing this and not doing thermostat things.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Same problem here, first I was checking if my Toon has WiFi and that is all okay.
So someting is wrong. I also updated to the latest one.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

It is working back again, properly Buienradar hat a problem.

Return to “Toon Apps”