ZonOpToon alternative

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: ZonOpToon alternative

Post by TheHogNL »

And did you configure the imp/kwh on the Toon correctly?

I think so where can I change this on the toon ? .. fyi the 2000 impulse thing .. is the same as posts in this thread .. so I think it should be not to far off .. hard to compare A to B currently .. (toon vs direct data from inverter) ..
I don';t think i need to change a lot .
Default settings is 10000 imp/kwh. You can configure this in the meteradapter setting under solar.

In you overview I'm missing some P1 data, like elec_delivered_lt
Please show the whole json output. and not your translated to nodered.

Show, elec_delivered_lt and elec_received_lt show the data from P1 (and lt is low tariff, nt is normal tariff). Then there is the solar data in the same json output.

When you are producing enough energy (solar is high number) then elec_received should be 0 (you are not importing) and elec_delivered should be higher than 0 (and actually would be solar minus "house usage"). This house usage is what toon is showing in the tile.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:

And did you configure the imp/kwh on the Toon correctly?

I think so where can I change this on the toon ? .. fyi the 2000 impulse thing .. is the same as posts in this thread .. so I think it should be not to far off .. hard to compare A to B currently .. (toon vs direct data from inverter) ..
I don';t think i need to change a lot .
Default settings is 10000 imp/kwh. You can configure this in the meteradapter setting under solar.

In you overview I'm missing some P1 data, like elec_delivered_lt
Please show the whole json output. and not your translated to nodered.

Show, elec_delivered_lt and elec_received_lt show the data from P1 (and lt is low tariff, nt is normal tariff). Then there is the solar data in the same json output.

When you are producing enough energy (solar is high number) then elec_received should be 0 (you are not importing) and elec_delivered should be higher than 0 (and actually would be solar minus "house usage"). This house usage is what toon is showing in the tile.
if Default settings is 10000 imp/kwh. You can configure this in the meteradapter setting under solar. (0.1 imp/wh)

never mind found the setting

the json as requested.

{"dev_settings_device":{"uuid":"46c2bbf9-b6f7-4c4f-8abd-9893c5f1f116","name":"settings_device","internalAddress":"settings_device","type":"settings_device"},"dev_3":{"uuid":"e42ff449-99c8-445d-858c-af2e0644ebb4","name":"HAE_METER_v3","internalAddress":"3","type":"HAE_METER_v3","supportsCrc":"1","ccList":"5e 86 72 32 56 5a 59 85 73 7a 60 8e 22 70 8b 3c 3d 3e","supportedCC":"5e 86 72 32 56 5a 59 85 73 7a 60 8e 22 70 8b 3c 3d 3e","nodeFlags":[],"IsConnected":"1","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3","HealthValue":"10","CurrentSensorStatus":"UNKNOWN"},

"dev_3.1":{"uuid":"17f68ff1-682a-4b76-8e4e- b24c8044b841","name":"HAE_METER_v3_1","internalAddress":"3.1","type":"gas","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentGasFlow":"7.00","CurrentGasQuantity":"5215004.00","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_1"}

,"dev_3.2":{"uuid":"65b7d0c9-be88-493b-92f0-399a1cada283","name":"HAE_METER_v3_2","internalAddress":"3.2","type":"elec","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"NaN","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"NaN","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_2"},

"dev_3.3":{"uuid":"0f369c1c-bd83-43d8-bc44-20460ee62dd4","name":"HAE_METER_v3_3","internalAddress":"3.3","type":"elec_solar","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"NaN","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"NaN","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_3"},

"dev_3.4":{"uuid":"e0b1c66b-7914-41f8-a61e-a59249508b44","name":"HAE_METER_v3_4","internalAddress":"3.4","type":"elec_delivered_nt","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"9060929.00","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_4"},

"dev_3.5":{"uuid":"543f8db1-616d-41dd-be14-bbdd8fb2d609","name":"HAE_METER_v3_5","internalAddress":"3.5","type":"elec_received_nt","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"1049.00","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"417753.00","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_5"},

"dev_3.6":{"uuid":"43774ffe-9ff7-4bc6-8191-8d6a9c0df838","name":"HAE_METER_v3_6","internalAddress":"3.6","type":"elec_delivered_lt","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"12459168.00","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_6"},

"dev_3.7":{"uuid":"688288c4-0552-4bb3-815c-733d6d4ee611","name":"HAE_METER_v3_7","internalAddress":"3.7","type":"elec_received_lt","supportsCrc":"0","nodeFlags":[],"CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00","CurrentElectricityQuantity":"169615.00","DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_7"}

<removed 3.8>
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

So, 3.3 (your solar) still shows NaN (not a number). Check your meteradapter settings if solar is working. Maybe reset your meteradapter.
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:So, 3.3 (your solar) still shows NaN (not a number). Check your meteradapter settings if solar is working. Maybe reset your meteradapter.
I understood it as follows ..
i can generate in both tarif Normal (example weekdays) and lower (example weekend) elektricity .. right ? so ..

3.1 = gas
3.x (even number = delivered from Electric company ..I bought .. ) and Uneven being sent to (stedin/electric company or generated by you PV installation??)
is 3.2 (in) + 3.3(out/PV) single meter ?
3.4(in) and 3.5(out/PV) NT (Normal Tarif)
3.6(in) and 3.7(out/PV) LT (lower Tarif)
3.8 city heat

3.3. being NAN would just be because i do not have a single meter setup .. so it would never be "filled" .. so it stays undefinded..

of course I maybe wrong here .. just to make sure I don't misunderstand this .
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

vso wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:So, 3.3 (your solar) still shows NaN (not a number). Check your meteradapter settings if solar is working. Maybe reset your meteradapter.
I understood it as follows ..
i can generate in both tarif Normal (example weekdays) and lower (example weekend) elektricity .. right ? so ..

3.1 = gas
3.x (even number = delivered from Electric company ..I bought .. ) and Uneven being sent to (stedin/electric company or generated by you PV installation??)
is 3.2 (in) + 3.3(out/PV) single meter ?
3.4(in) and 3.5(out/PV) NT (Normal Tarif)
3.6(in) and 3.7(out/PV) LT (lower Tarif)
3.8 city heat

3.3. being NAN would just be because i do not have a single meter setup .. so it would never be "filled" .. so it stays undefinded..

of course I maybe wrong here .. just to make sure I don't misunderstand this .
3.2 is when you are metering your electricity with old fashioned sensor on an old kwh meter turning wheel
3.3 is for solar (zonoptoon) metering with the led sensor metering on a solar production kwh meter (which you are talking about)
3.4(in from grid) and 3.5(out to grid) NT (Normal Tarif)
3.6(in from grid) and 3.7(out to grid) LT (lower Tarif)
If you use a qubino kwh meter it shows up as another zwave device, but that is not the case here.

So 3.3 is NaN meaning for you that it is just not working. Please I ask you again, check your meteradapter settings. It should tell you if solar is working or not.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

And to remind you... 'to grid' is NOT the same as PV generated . If your house is not using any power at all (which is unlikely) then 'to grid' is the same amount'

So to sum again.
You have a production solar/zonoptoon kwh meter which measures the produced power (and it is connected to the feed to the inverter). It measures the PV generated power.
Then you have a smart meter (from your grid company) with P1 port installed. The P1 port produces 4 values, the elec_delivered/received_lt/nt values. It tells the Toon how many power is imported from or exported to the grid. The difference between the PV generated power and exported to the grid tells the Toon how many power is used in the house and it will add the imported from grid value also to that.
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:And to remind you... 'to grid' is NOT the same as PV generated . If your house is not using any power at all (which is unlikely) then 'to grid' is the same amount'

So to sum again.
You have a production solar/zonoptoon kwh meter which measures the produced power (and it is connected to the feed to the inverter). It measures the PV generated power.
Then you have a smart meter (from your grid company) with P1 port installed. The P1 port produces 4 values, the elec_delivered/received_lt/nt values. It tells the Toon how many power is imported from or exported to the grid. The difference between the PV generated power and exported to the grid tells the Toon how many power is used in the house and it will add the imported from grid value also to that.
I get the point of some calculation that results in power usage / delivery and generated power .. the explaination is in that sense understood ..(your previous post even) ..

I don't understand fully sorry .. (i can't connect the dots yet .. )
I just don't understand where it gets added or subtracted from what (or better where) . does the toon do some calculation is het already done in the meter adapter

to give you an overview of my actions.

The meter adapter has P1, microjack 1(mj1) (next to p1) and microjack 2 (mj2) ..
I connected P1 and mj2 to the respective devices ..

then to the toon --> in TSC menu --> activated "Toon op zon" after reboot --->
then I went on your advice to "meteradapter" settings and changed it to "analog" ? 2000imp/kwh (of course i needed to add "pv" to the connected devices")

then I took out the meter-adapter from the power socket and "replugged" the device back in to the wall ..

so there is a change and there is a calculation done "somewhere" ..
The P1 port produces 4 values, the elec_delivered/received_lt/nt values. It tells the Toon how many power is imported from or exported to the grid.
this is reflected in /hdrv_zwave?action=getDevices.json right ?
The difference between the PV generated power and exported to the grid tells the Toon how many power is used in the house and it will add the imported from grid value also to that.
this should be now show in 3.2 ? at least one of the numbers if i understand you correctly

I might be connecting wrong / it does not work fully yet therefore i don't understand ..
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Can you please post a picture of the Toon in the 'meetmodule 1 details' screen?
And a picture of the solar generated tile?
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:Can you please post a picture of the Toon in the 'meetmodule 1 details' screen?
And a picture of the solar generated tile?
the solar generated tile will not work (error with sensor for some reason ..) if it did or did not work .. i am unsure (i think it did work at some point) .. however the toon & meteradapter have been rebooted..

white = p1 (duh)
black = the readout "sensor"
s0 + = 2-4 + 3 ? (from tip "ring' 2 and ring 3" as previously discussed/pointed out by you)
s0 - = connected to the "tip"

I might(aka i am sure) that I am doing something wrong .. or wrongly connected ..

I will post the zwave json

before you answer .. !!!

when I closed the breakerbox .. the "3" cable (from micro jack to measuring unit) got disconnected when i closed probably, I just now opened it back up, disconnected the meteradapter from the wall outlet
- resolderd the joints .. taped them back up .. closed .. tested with multimeter before plugging back into the meteradapter and plugged the meteradapter back in the wall outlet
* change --> the light of the PV measuring stays on ??? (on the meter adapter) it previously "blinked" at a interval .. now it stays on
the PV tile does not show any "change" .. currently

the error is gone (in the green)

Energy use (zwave json "translated" )
3.1 Gas Now 0.00 M³
3.1 Gas Today 5,215,243.00 M³
3 .2 Current Now-Normal(Single Meter) NL= Enkel Tarief Watt
3.2 Current Today-Normal(Single Meter) NL= Enkel Tarief kWh
3.3 Current Now-Solar(Single Meter) NL= Enkel Tarief 0 Watt
3.3 Current Today-Solar(Single Meter) NL= Enkel Tarief 0 kWh
3.4 Current Now-Low(Dual Meter) NL=Normal Tarief 0 Watt
3.4 Current Today-Low(Dual Meter) NL=Normal Tarief 9,065,998 kWh
3.5 Current Now-Solar(Dual Meter) NL=Normal Tarief 128 Watt
3.5 Current Today-Solar(Dual Meter) NL=Normal Tarief 419,295 kWh
3.6 Current Now-High(Dual Meter) NL=Dal Tarief 0 Watt
3.6 Current Today-High(Dual Meter) NL=Dal Tarief 12,461,857 kWh
3.7 Current Now-Solar(Dual Meter) NL=Dal Tarief 0 Watt
3.7 Current Today-Solar(Dual Meter) NL=Dal Tarief 169,615 kWh
3.8 City Heat M³
vso

Post by vso »

now checked again the "toon" its error free however currently no production is shown .. (yellow graph???) if i check the "production" checkbox .. only usage is shown.
the tile is marked "-"

so it might "work" or i have it configured wrong.. (the sun is not showing so production today overall is low ... so that does not help)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Did you remove and reseat the meteradapter after you fixed the sensor cable?
The green led on the meteradapter next to the yellow icon will first start green, and then it must detect the s0 pulses. Then it will pulse anytime a s0 pulse is detected. With 2000imp/kwh it will pulse with a few seconds on average solar production.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

And you can just simulate the S0 pulses. Just short both cables which you normally put in the S0 - and + manually once a second. The green led should follow your manually cable shorting.
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:Did you remove and reseat the meteradapter after you fixed the sensor cable?
The green led on the meteradapter next to the yellow icon will first start green, and then it must detect the s0 pulses. Then it will pulse anytime a s0 pulse is detected. With 2000imp/kwh it will pulse with a few seconds on average solar production.
yes I reseat the adapter ..

I get there is a trigger, once triggered it sends the "s0" pulse data .. *the stuf I want/need* this is event happening is displayed because a LED flashes on the meteradapter.
the meter adapter "flashes" led's at a regular interval ..

because you can "trigger" it yourself the LED should flash whenever you short + and - given that the "3rd" wire is connected to the correct cable..

it stays a constant "green" .. on the adapter (this is not what is wanted) but it is in a constant "triggerd" state..

I have now 3 cables
A --> S0 - (marked 3 on the picture)
B --> S0 + (marked 1 on the picture) (is shorted to C)
C --> S0 + (marked 2-4 on the picture)

If I remember/understand correctly
- one of the 3 is the "pulse" signal, in this case the cable marked on the micro jack as "1" ? .. you need to short this because S0 only has in(+) and out (-)
- by shorting + and - once all is connected the LED shoud flash on the meteradapter.

so by shorting (when constant green) + and - the led would stay off and turn back on .. when let go
Last edited by vso on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

vso wrote: I have now 3 cables

maybe I should reconnect A to S0 + and B to S0 - ?
S0 + and - does not make a different. It is just connection what is closed on and off (so that's why shorting simulatied the s0 pulses).
But for the green led to turn off it must detect some pulses first. Maybe it is just the weather which is not giving enough solar and so no pulses? Does the kWh meter has a led itself and does that pulse?

The 3rd cable is just because normally between 1 and (2-4) there is a blue led which is used in the toon sensor as a light for reflective material (like in old gas and electric meters). This connection must be made because else the Toon meteradapter will not detect a working sensor.

Again, S0 is not any data. It is just a switch which turns on and off.
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:
vso wrote: I have now 3 cables

maybe I should reconnect A to S0 + and B to S0 - ?
S0 + and - does not make a different. It is just connection what is closed on and off (so that's why shorting simulatied the s0 pulses).
But for the green led to turn off it must detect some pulses first. Maybe it is just the weather which is not giving enough solar and so no pulses? Does the kWh meter has a led itself and does that pulse?
I re-edited the post ..

the KWH meter does pulse (LED indicator) at a ~5sec interval

Return to “Toon Hardware”