TSC settings menu item

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

michel30

Re: TSC settings menu item

Post by michel30 »

Thanks, for this nice upgrade it works super..
yjb

Post by yjb »

Hi,

2 Questions about this

- Would it make sense to introduce some simple password mechanism (even a simple hardcoded PIN will do as far as I'm concerned) to these advance features so that the ignorant (ie kids) cannot initiate these kind of advanced things)
- Would it make sense to initiate a root password recovery as well from thsi screen, just in case the /etc/passwd file gets overwritten

Thanks for looking at this.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

yjb wrote:Hi,

2 Questions about this

- Would it make sense to introduce some simple password mechanism (even a simple hardcoded PIN will do as far as I'm concerned) to these advance features so that the ignorant (ie kids) cannot initiate these kind of advanced things)
- Would it make sense to initiate a root password recovery as well from thsi screen, just in case the /etc/passwd file gets overwritten

PIN should be possible. Let me work on that. Also recovering the root password would be feasable. Thanks for your input. These kinds of ideas are welcome.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

yjb wrote: - Would it make sense to introduce some simple password mechanism (even a simple hardcoded PIN will do as far as I'm concerned) to these advance features so that the ignorant (ie kids) cannot initiate these kind of advanced things)
Great idea, usually it are our kids who physically damage the Toons or accidentally fire software upgrades :D :D :D :D :D :D
member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Toonz wrote:
yjb wrote: - Would it make sense to introduce some simple password mechanism (even a simple hardcoded PIN will do as far as I'm concerned) to these advance features so that the ignorant (ie kids) cannot initiate these kind of advanced things)
Great idea, usually it are our kids who physically damage the Toons or accidentally fire software upgrades :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask @TheHogNL, The knows the result of a Toon2 dropping from a table :D
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansgrave »

Thanx! Upgraded to 4.19.10 and disabeld the native funtions, Toon works smoother now :D
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and HomeAssistent.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

TheHogNL wrote:

2 Questions about this

PIN should be possible. Let me work on that. Also recovering the root password would be feasable. Thanks for your input. These kinds of ideas are welcome.
Just released version 1.3.1 which includes settings lock with pin and password recovery.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

TheHogNL wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:

2 Questions about this

Just released version 1.3.1 which includes settings lock with pin and password recovery.
Nice done TheHog. Will install the new updates as soon as I am back home.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Sometimes I don't want to update when there is a new resource file. But repeating everyday the notification is a little bit annoying.
Is it possible to just show the notification only once per version?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

glsf91 wrote:Sometimes I don't want to update when there is a new resource file. But repeating everyday the notification is a little bit annoying.
I would opt for a TSC menu option to enable/disable the notification bar - it is usually annoying :-)
member of the Toon Software Collective
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Toonz wrote: I would opt for a TSC menu option to enable/disable the notification bar - it is usually annoying :-)
I don't have a problem with the notification bar. I even like it is telling there is an update. But not everyday the same notification :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote:Sometimes I don't want to update when there is a new resource file. But repeating everyday the notification is a little bit annoying.
Yes that would be possible. On the next update then :-)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

And done. In next script version you will only be notified once if there is a update available. Only if you manually check for updates the next time it will notify you again once.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

TheHogNL wrote:And done. In next script version you will only be notified once if there is a update available. Only if you manually check for updates the next time it will notify you again once.
Great !

Maybe you can put in de first post what Lock TSC settings and lock password is doing.
Mixpower
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mixpower »

Any update on the price setting?
Or is it still not possible to change this?

Return to “Toon software development”