Help! My rooted Toon just crashed!

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Blacky's Boss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Help! My rooted Toon just crashed!

Post by Blacky's Boss »

Tonight I noticed That my Toon restarted for no obvious reason, and when it was fully booted, there was nothing left:

-All the tiles say "voeg tegel toe"
- Thermostat Tile allways says it's 19,0 degrees with a setting temp of 6,0
- temp settings for "weg/slapen/thuis/comfort" are reset to default
- Menu buttons are all gone except for Programma, Temperatuur, Vakantie en Tegel toevoegen
- Not even the settings app is there.....

But strangely it still seems to report to Domoticz and I can still SSH into it. WinSCP shows the right files, as far as I can tell....

Does anyone have a clue, before I take it down from the wall and connect it via Serial?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help! My rooted Toon just crashed!

Post by marcelr »

No need to take it apart when you have ssh access.
I would check the contents of the config files. Depending on your FW version they may reside in a few spots on your toon, try find / -name config_happ_scsync.xml to locate them.
Then check out the thermostat settings etc in these config files.

It may very well be that the gui restart just hasn't picked up the configurations properly, happens every now and then. In that case, just reboot the machine (hit the reset button underneath) or issue the reboot command in a shell. This may very well fix the problem.

I know, rebooting is a bit of a sign of weakness, shouldn't be necessary on a linux box, probably, issueing the command killall qt-gui will do the trick as well.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

did you install the calendar app from the ToonStore?
It can cause startup issues when having to read large ICS files (is fixed in the next upcoming release 1.0.3).
If so, please ssh into Toon and remove the app with: opkg remove calendar

Install again later when 1.0.3 is in the ToonStore.
member of the Toon Software Collective
Blacky's Boss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Blacky's Boss »

I did install the calender. Maybe it was the problem. Nonetheless, rebooting again didn't solve it, and since I was still on old firmware, so I decided to update hoping that the right files were overwritten. I know, that was a really lazy-ass solution, but it worked!

So, Solved!

Return to “Toon Rooting”