This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

KEES_ELEC
Starting Member
Starting Member

Connection failed connection refused

Post by KEES_ELEC »

Hi, there

I managed to get the hardware OTGW running and I am able to connect to it via the browser and entering the TCP/IP address of the OTGW.

My configuration is as follows: the OTGW is connected to a separate LAN port (switch), my desktop (Ubuntu) to another LAN port (same switch), both are part of the same network. Nothing is connected to the OTGW jet, so no boiler or thermostat.
I managed to run the otmonitor, via the terminal.
I entered the TCP/IP address in the otmonitor option connection and then the IP address of the OTGW, I also enter a port 1001. From the terminal of the desktop I entered command "sudo ufw allow 1001" to open port 1001.

When I want to start the connection, it gives me the error message Connection failed / connection refused.

I did the same on a Windows 10 laptop (wireless connected to the modem router) otmonitor IP address as above and the port 1001 and made some rules (inbound outbound) firewall to open port 1001. Also from this laptop I am able to connect via the browser to OTWG. The same error.

Do I miss a certain setting, or what might be the cause? I could not find any similar problem in this forum jet.

Regards Kees
hvxl

Re: Connection failed connection refused

Post by hvxl »

Again, your question has no relation to the OTGW. It's another USR TCP232 issue.

How did you come up with port 1001? You ask about a missing setting, but you haven't revealed how you configured the USR TCP232. So to answer that question would involve remote mind reading. Specifically the Serial Port configuration would be relevant.
Schelte
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AndrewFG »

hvxl wrote:Again, your question has no relation to the OTGW. It's another USR TCP232 issue.

How did you come up with port 1001? You ask about a missing setting, but you haven't revealed how you configured the USR TCP232. So to answer that question would involve remote mind reading. Specifically the Serial Port configuration would be relevant.
I am revitalising this thread since I have the same issue, that was not yet resolved on this thread..

I have a Nodo v2.3 Opentherm Gateway. Originally I was using it with the Wemos D1 Mini to make a wi-fi connection. However I was suffering from wi-fi dropouts, so I replaced the Wemos with a USR TCP232. But unfortunately when I try to connect the 'otmonitor' app to to gateway via ethernet I get 'connection refused'. I can connect otmonitor to the gateway via USB so I can confirm that the gateway is working. And I can also connect to the USR TCP232 web configuration page via ethernet, so I can confirm that it is also working. However when I try to connect otmonitor to the gateway via ethernet, I get 'connecting...' and then 'connection refused'. My guess is (as was yours) that there is something wrong with the configuration of the USR TCP232 serial port (shown in the screenshot below). => Any suggestions?
Attachments
2022-02-17_18-19-58.png
2022-02-17_18-19-58.png (27.45 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AndrewFG »

hvxl wrote:Again, your question has no relation to the OTGW. It's another USR TCP232 issue.

Yesterday I posted a follow on question, but in the meantime I have found the solution myself. The correct Serial Port Settings for the USR-TCP232 are as shown in the attached image. Important is to set it for TCP Server mode (and not TCP Client mode)!
Attachments
USR-TCP232 Serial Port Settings
USR-TCP232 Serial Port Settings
USR-TCP232_Serial_Port_Settings.png (74.83 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”