Toon app: NL-Alert

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: NL-Alert

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote:I have changed the alerting based on NL-ALert area instead of the NL-Alert center distance in V1.2.0.
Updated the first post.
Alerting for regio is still possible (like the real NL-Alert app). If you don't want this, configure it to 0.
Ok i'll release it in toonstore
Member of the Toon Software Collective
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Made a new version 1.2.1 where console log messages are switched off by default.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Version 1.2.1 is available in the ToonStore now.
member of the Toon Software Collective
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Got an NL alert / warning (probably all of you did) advising to remove the app, because of a data breach. See (a.o.) https://crisis.nl/nl-alert/nieuws/advie ... -data-lek/
Apparently the "aanvullende informatie-app" does not only upload your location, but also info on other installed apps.
I certainly would not want that on my smartphone, but how serious is this (fork?) on the rooted Toon?
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

ikookmaar wrote:Got an NL alert / warning (probably all of you did) advising to remove the app, because of a data breach. See (a.o.) https://crisis.nl/nl-alert/nieuws/advie ... -data-lek/
Apparently the "aanvullende informatie-app" does not only upload your location, but also info on other installed apps.
I certainly would not want that on my smartphone, but how serious is this (fork?) on the rooted Toon?
The app on the Toon is totally different. Only the NL-alert information is retrieved where the smartphone app is also requesting the data. No data is going from this Toon app to elsewhere.
You can check it in the github repository if you want.
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

I got a couple of alerts the last days. Great, but they are for events on the other site of the world. I scanned the qr code with my phone and it retrieved my location.
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Edwin66 wrote:I got a couple of alerts the last days. Great, but they are for events on the other site of the world. I scanned the qr code with my phone and it retrieved my location.
At this moment there is 1 visible from from today 17:00 which was for the whole Netherlands. So the alert today is correct.
The other ones must be more then 7 days ago, because there is only 1 visible at this moment. So I cannot check this anymore.

If you get an alert again and you think it is not right for you, post here again which one it is and also tell me the number of km shown. Also pm (or post here) your coordinates you are using.
Then I can take a look.

In the smartphone app (if you still dare to use this) you can see the region of the alert when you click on the alert text. You can see if it matches your location.
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

The app on the Toon is totally different. Only the NL-alert information is retrieved where the smartphone app is also requesting the data. No data is going from this Toon app to elsewhere.
That could be so, but the "data breach" alert is getting quite anoying. Since It's for my (I guess any) region it's all over the screen and it doesn't seem to dissapear after 7 days either.
I installed an update of the NL-alert app yesterday, but that didn't fix it either.
Can we get rid of the alarm in any way (without removing the app completely)?
Thanks...
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

ikookmaar wrote:
That could be so, but the "data breach" alert is getting quite anoying. Since It's for my (I guess any) region it's all over the screen and it doesn't seem to dissapear after 7 days either.
I installed an update of the NL-alert app yesterday, but that didn't fix it either.
Thanks...
The update will only show it once more and then never again. Previous version should have done that also but wasn't reboot proof.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

ikookmaar wrote: That could be so, but the "data breach" alert is getting quite anoying. Since It's for my (I guess any) region it's all over the screen and it doesn't seem to dissapear after 7 days either.
Thanks...
That one was for the whole Netherlands. It is indeed still there in the NL-alert data even it is more then 7 days ago. This was not the case with the other NL-alerts. So I don't know why it it still there.
You cannot disable the alarm popup.

Make sure you use version 1.2.3
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Unfortunate they put the alert about removing the (android/apple) app again online at the top for the whole Netherlands. I don't know why.
This means it is again shown as an alert. This is also the case on the android app.
If it happens again I will take a look about filtering on date.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

glsf91 wrote:Unfortunate they put the alert about removing the (android/apple) app again online at the top for the whole Netherlands. I don't know why.
This means it is again shown as an alert. This is also the case on the android app.
If it happens again I will take a look about filtering on date.
Did they create a new UUID for the same message? Date it still end of april.
Maybe we need to filter on date? Not necessary to show nlalert data older than 24 hours I think.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

TheHogNL wrote: Did they create a new UUID for the same message? Date it still end of april.
Maybe we need to filter on date? Not necessary to show nlalert data older than 24 hours I think.
Before today it was not in the output anymore. Normally the data is there for 7 days.
I don't know if it has a new UUID because I don't know the old one. But also in the android app it is shown at the first position, even it is from 30-4.
Hopefully it was a mistake.
If it happens again I will add filtering the data.
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

There was a little mistake in V1.2.3 in the file location. So with this version the old alert is shown again (if it is still there in de data) after a restart of the GUI.
Fixed in V1.2.4.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Verison 1.2.4 is available in the ToonStore now
member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon Apps”