toon rooted

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

vso

Re: toon rooted

Post by vso »

if i know what to search for ..

I am not a toon expert, its not a straight , fast, easy interface .
I can hack my way through and re-invent the wheel along the way as well .. although if a expert says "change a 0 to a 1" search for "topic" to find it .. does save me days of work ..
I am not recluctant to search but do need keywords for google fu magic to happen :D

thanks to this information i have now:
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

That's about everything you can get out of the toon.
But really that was already done by other people as integrations towards domoticz, homeassisant or other centrale domotica setups. And i'm talking years ago :-)
Nice to see that you manage to do the same to your own homebrew domotica server.

If you might happen to have a Toon2 you can get some extra values from sensors but those are harder to get out of the toon. The VOC particle sensor for example requires QML code as the raw values are not presented in the operating system. Ambient light and humidity are readable.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Any use of the USB port requires a kernel rebuild. Not that hard to do, just tedious. All data available to toon pass through getDevices.json, after which they are filtered , downsampled and stored.
For toon1 I built the openzwave library and the (very beta) user interface some time ago. Using that, you can add zwave components and operate them. Not extremely useful, probably there are other/better ways to do that.
vso

Post by vso »

marcelr wrote:Any use of the USB port requires a kernel rebuild. Not that hard to do, just tedious. All data available to toon pass through getDevices.json, after which they are filtered , downsampled and stored.
For toon1 I built the openzwave library and the (very beta) user interface some time ago. Using that, you can add zwave components and operate them. Not extremely useful, probably there are other/better ways to do that.
Kudo's but i would like to keep it as close as factory (reset) requires less work to copy to others/manuals or other stuff ..

I might investigate if i can push some "data" over USB towards an arduino. only thing i want/need is a buzzer .. that emits a tone .. doing more is nice I saw that a webcam can be used so ..

TheHogNL wrote:That's about everything you can get out of the toon.
But really that was already done by other people as integrations towards domoticz, homeassisant or other centrale domotica setups. And i'm talking years ago :-)
Nice to see that you manage to do the same to your own homebrew domotica server.

If you might happen to have a Toon2 you can get some extra values from sensors but those are harder to get out of the toon. The VOC particle sensor for example requires QML code as the raw values are not presented in the operating system. Ambient light and humidity are readable.
I didn't see a domoticz plugin for a rooted toon, some scripts and a lot of script work .. that do the same ..

What I build, was a proof of concept and I used 75% was already done i just needed to change some code, and correct some mistakes, but to be honest without the ground work done it would be a brick instead of recycle-able ..

it would be nice if a "central domotica setup" could retrieve and send data between it and the Toon, in simple way ..
retrieving is easy, although displaying is another issue (daily stats)

From your domotica thing it would be far easier to collect google calender data (example).. and display on the toon .. since the toon does not have the tools to do it (someone is working on it I saw)

but if you could use the zwave or other facilities like a hub (ikea tradfri/hue or such) it would mean a device less and still have the benifits .. because its centrally located in the living area .. (just a brainfart)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

vso wrote: I didn't see a domoticz plugin for a rooted toon, some scripts and a lot of script work .. that do the same ..

What I build, was a proof of concept and I used 75% was already done i just needed to change some code, and correct some mistakes, but to be honest without the ground work done it would be a brick instead of recycle-able ..

it would be nice if a "central domotica setup" could retrieve and send data between it and the Toon, in simple way ..

From your domotica thing it would be far easier to collect google calender data (example).. and display on the toon .. since the toon does not have the tools to do it (someone is working on it I saw)

but if you could use the zwave or other facilities like a hub (ikea tradfri/hue or such) it would mean a device less and still have the benifits .. because its centrally located in the living area .. (just a brainfart)
Ehm... did you already look in the toonstore? There are the domoticz plugin you ask for and also the google calendar integration (and many more).
Sorry but I really think you are not on the right track and forget to install the toonstore and required extra's. Did you finally RTFM of the toonrooter already :)
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:
vso wrote: I didn't see a domoticz plugin for a rooted toon, some scripts and a lot of script work .. that do the same ..

Ehm... did you already look in the toonstore? There are the domoticz plugin you ask for and also the google calendar integration (and many more).
Sorry but I really think you are not on the right track and forget to install the toonstore and required extra's. Did you finally RTFM of the toonrooter already :)
Not to excuse my obviously "unclear & messy posts"

I rooted my first toon 5 years ago without any effort (tx/rx --> do some "magic" ) Now with the second toon i needed to connect the JTAG cables .. and RFTM more .. what I did not expect at all ..
having connected both .. i am happy to report the "old" one (update-rooted.sh) flawlessly upgraded from 3.6?x.x to current version (kudo's for the maker of the script)

Anyway I understand why you point at something it wil contain the most recent up to date information(during this time things changed), my google fu however returned x.y.z hits to sort through.. and thus missing your "exact" reference ..
If you only understand that ..let the (l)user (me in this case) know he is barking up the wrong tree a little nudge with a snappy yes/no + a little background ( examples: yes --> search for x.y.z OR no --> kernel does not allow) and that keeps you from explaining at lenght .. and me from reinventing the wheel ..

And I do research / google for the information given :D any effort your part is greatly appriciated :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

vso

Post by vso »

like I said already done .. kudo's for the maker (2nd toon) -f

even the old 3.x (1st toon) had a old version of the script it all worked flawless
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

So, now you have toonstore etc. And can integrate into you domoticz.
vso

Post by vso »

TheHogNL wrote:So, now you have toonstore etc. And can integrate into you domoticz.

grrr found a post edit file /HCBv2/config or /mnt/data/qmf/config .. config_happ_scsync.xml to find out later .. that there is a menu options in "settings" ..

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”