Toon App: solarPanel ---> solar data without hardware

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon App: solarPanel ---> solar data without hardware

Post by oepi-loepi »

freddie wrote:I have two inverters, one is already connected and working on my (rooted) toon2 with a Qubino. The other inverter is a SolarEdge. Is it possible to use this app to add the new SolarEdge numbers to the current one? And are these values then available in Home Assistant? I can also add the SolarEdge to Home Assistant directly, but this would make the data unavailable on the Toon. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
That will not be possible the app overwrites the data from the qubino. But the app can handle 2 inverters. So ik you select the first and second inverter in the app you will see the data.

The values are not available throught toon in ha but of course you can also connect the inverters to ha directly. So software-connect to toon and ha in parallel
freddie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by freddie »

oepi-loepi wrote:
freddie wrote:I have two inverters, one is already connected and working on my (rooted) toon2 with a Qubino. The other inverter is a SolarEdge. Is it possible to use this app to add the new SolarEdge numbers to the current one? And are these values then available in Home Assistant? I can also add the SolarEdge to Home Assistant directly, but this would make the data unavailable on the Toon. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
That will not be possible the app overwrites the data from the qubino. But the app can handle 2 inverters. So ik you select the first and second inverter in the app you will see the data.

The values are not available throught toon in ha but of course you can also connect the inverters to ha directly. So software-connect to toon and ha in parallel
My first inverter is an old Power-One / solarmanpv.com. Can I directly connect this inverter, or can I use the Qubino that is connected to this inverter with software-connect?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like solarman is the same as Omnik. Is it possible to connect the SolarEdge inverter locally using Modbus over TCP?
Last edited by freddie on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Now also SAJ solar inverters are available in the software.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I also added ZonnePlan into the solarPanel app. For this, please upgrade to version 1.4.0

To use this.
1. Upgrade the solarPanel app
2. Install a custom tile (green solor icon)
3. Click the tile and goto setup
4. Select zonneplan from the list and clich select
5. Fill your email adress
6. Click send email
7. You will receive an email. Click on the link in the email
8. On toon click on email confirmed
9. After you see token received click on save

10. After reboot, select other custom and original tiles (not alle original work but for that i have made the custom tiles)
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Hi.
I found that after every firmware upgrade on the Toon I have to reconnect / reselect my Omnik Inverter in the solarPanel app.
I should add that I did all firmware upgrades at night and reconnecting / reselecting the inverter can only be done at daytime when it's fed by my panels and alive...
Is this to be expected or can it be avoided?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

ikookmaar wrote:Hi.
I found that after every firmware upgrade on the Toon I have to reconnect / reselect my Omnik Inverter in the solarPanel app.
I should add that I did all firmware upgrades at night and reconnecting / reselecting the inverter can only be done at daytime when it's fed by my panels and alive...
Is this to be expected or can it be avoided?
That is strange behaviour since the settings are stored in mnt/data/tsc folder and the data is normally kept when upgraded. I can check. Do you mean firmware upgrade of the toon firmware or upgrade of the solarPanel app?
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

I mean after a firmware upgrade of the Toon.
I just updated to 5.46.4 (the latest), but I had the same experience after upgrading to 5.43.2 and before that too.
In all cases I used the update-rooted.sh script.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

ikookmaar wrote:I mean after a firmware upgrade of the Toon.
I just updated to 5.46.4 (the latest), but I had the same experience after upgrading to 5.43.2 and before that too.
In all cases I used the update-rooted.sh script.
When the toon is updated, also the toonstore apps are updated. The solarPanel app is using plugins which are taken from the web when an inverter is selected. So indeed you have to select the inverter and force a reload of the inverter plugin.
ray73
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ray73 »

Hallo,

Sorry mijn Engels schrijven is niet zo goed om mijn probleem te beschrijven.
Ik heb een Toon die is geroot (laatste versie) nu wil ik mijn Growatt omvormer toevoegen in mijn Toon.
De app geïnstalleerd, tegel gekozen, dan de Growatt gekozen via de lijst, toen alles opgeslagen.
Maar er komt geen uitlezing in de toon te staan, ik heb dus het gevoel dat Toon de Growatt niet uitleest.
Wat doe ik verkeerd?
Mijn Growatt lees ik nu uit met een app, die via een dongle is gekoppeld aan de omvormer.

Groet,

R.Leurs
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

ray73 wrote:Hallo,

Sorry mijn Engels schrijven is niet zo goed om mijn probleem te beschrijven.
Ik heb een Toon die is geroot (laatste versie) nu wil ik mijn Growatt omvormer toevoegen in mijn Toon.
De app geïnstalleerd, tegel gekozen, dan de Growatt gekozen via de lijst, toen alles opgeslagen.
Maar er komt geen uitlezing in de toon te staan, ik heb dus het gevoel dat Toon de Growatt niet uitleest.
Wat doe ik verkeerd?
Mijn Growatt lees ik nu uit met een app, die via een dongle is gekoppeld aan de omvormer.

Groet,

R.Leurs
We hebben ook per pm contact gehad. Onder de lijst met omvormers staat een groene knop ‘select 1’. Daar moet je op drukken om de eerste omvormer te kiezen (en als je twee omvormers hebt select 2 voor de tweede). Daarna kun je je gegevens invullen.
ray73
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ray73 »

Hallo,
Het werkt nu perfect, nogmaals bedankt voor de hulp.
Patrick1980
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Patrick1980 »

Hello i’m New here And i have a rooted toon2 And i have installed the solarpanel app. I have a Solax inverter. When i select the Solax inverter i have to putt in site id en api key. I tried All kinds of Numbers that i found, but can’t get it to work. Can someone tell me witch Numbers i have to use exactly and where i can Find them. Thanks .
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Voor Solax:

Ga naar omvormers en noteer het registratienummer.
Ga naar Diensten en klik daaronder API. Noteer het KrijgenTokenID
wolter72
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wolter72 »

Hello,

Well I use the solarPanel App on my Toon and I have the Zonneplan plugin but it doesn't work anymore. I tried to connect to Zonneplan again but it gives a 'Fout' message. It worked untill 24th of december and from then the App doesn't display any information anymore. :(
I hope there is a sollution for this problem.

Kind regards and keep up the good work.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

wolter72 wrote:Hello,

Well I use the solarPanel App on my Toon and I have the Zonneplan plugin but it doesn't work anymore. I tried to connect to Zonneplan again but it gives a 'Fout' message. It worked untill 24th of december and from then the App doesn't display any information anymore. :(
I hope there is a sollution for this problem.

Kind regards and keep up the good work.
Please send me a pm with your credentials so i can check. You can still see your power in the zonneplan app?

Return to “Toon Apps”