Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

bernardus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon App: solarPanel ---> solar data without hardware

Post by bernardus »

oepi-loepi wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:27 pm
Henri wrote:Sorry, I don't have the solar panels yet, but I doubted or the solar panels work with this app. But based on your answer i think so. :D
It should work on the sma.
I was not able to get either of the locally-polling SMA options to work. The SMA tl option that uses Sunny Portal did work, but updated its figures only very sporadically.

I can't get local polling to work because my SMA Sunny Boy 3.0 only allows access to its web interface and API over TLS. Even though the solarPanel app has an option for connecting over https, it will not work because it won't accept self-signed certificates which the SMA inverter uses. I tried adding the certificate to the local certificate store on the Toon, but even then it refuses to work. Even curl will not connect even when I forcefully provide it with the inverter's certificate through the --cacert option.

I ended up setting up a reverse proxy to connect with the inverter over TLS which is itself accessible over plain HTTP. When I direct the solarPanel app to this plain http proxy everything works as expected.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Great that you got it working. SMA is hard in it's protection.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hi,

Thanks for this super nice app.
It works very good.

Only one small question: http://ipvantoon/mobile it ask for a username and password but non off it what I enter works.

It this one different than the TOON username password or where can I find it.

Thanks,
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

you can choose and enter it yourself in the menu instellingen -> TSC -> mobile login
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Thanks, never see that before :oops: :oops:
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

If it is a standard or pre set name and password we could all change your thermostat..
Micha_123
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Micha_123 »

Wooow, nice, one question, the tile "verbruik NU" with the house and son icon isnt working ? it shows only that i use from the grid.

a Tile with Using now wil be fine

solaruse + Griduse - return = using now

that does the original Verbuik NU tile normaly, but this tile doesnt read the inverter, the new tiles from you are working fine
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

true but there is also a shift in time... the P1 from the smart meter is sending its data every 10 seconds and the solar panels are read only every 5 minutes. So there is always some time difference and not calculating the Use Now right. But meybe i will do it in the update.
Micha_123
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Micha_123 »

Not by me, domoticz read the SolarEdge inverter every 10seconds by modbusTCP and sunspec protocoll (script is triggered from p1)

In domoticz i have also an "actual usage" tile, that does the math, Maybe you can put such tile as option by domoticz? Simply read it from domoticz idx
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Ok, i have made the extra tile in the solarpanel app.
Micha_123
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Micha_123 »

Thank you its working. Nice.

Is it possible to let the toon read the data from domoticz solar inverter if there comes an reading from P1 ?

So if there is an update from p1 port , then toon solarpanel needs to read the values from domoticz tooevery 10 seconds?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

It is possible but it is to specific. I write toon apps free for many users and not for only one user. Also it will have a lot of resources especially on toon 1.

What you can do is manually adjust the timer in the app. It is now set to 300 seconds. Set it to 10 seconds and it will work for your case.
Micha_123
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Micha_123 »

i have set it ti 10 seconds, i wil test it on toon1.

i know, there are not many users they have such configuration hehe.

i wil test it on toon1 ever 10 seconds, my toon does also every night an reboot to prevent memory overload hehe, thank you
jerver
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jerver »

Hi, I am superhappy with this app. It is nice to have the solar data in Toon.

Now I would also like the solar data in Home Assistant but the amount of Solaredge api calls is limited to 300 calls per day (this app calls every 5 min so I exceed this limit easily if I poll from more locations).

In Home Assistant I have the Toon integration from cyberjunky installed https://github.com/cyberjunky/home-assi ... smartmeter
This works great for the P1 data and should also pick up the solar data. This integration is based on http://toon-ip-adres/hdrv_zwave?action=getDevices.json
Unfortunatly the solar data in Toon via this app is not in the json file generated by getDevices.json (NaN).

Now my question is if it is possible to also have the solar data of this app in the output of getDevices?
If this is very complex or not feasible, maybe there is another way to get the solar data from the Toon into Home Assistant?
Any suggestions are very welcome.
Thx and kind regards.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I am allready working on a solution to have it available in /solar.html (as json)

edit: will be available as from version 1.4.2
Last edited by oepi-loepi on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Toon Apps”