Forum and Topics about ZigBee devices.

Moderators: Digit, Willem4ever

Keesje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Error: Xiaomi Gateway: unable to write command - Invalid key

Post by Keesje »

Hi All,

I've purchased the Xiaomi Gateway 2 and have been successful in opening the 9898 port using the UART and soldering procedure.
(following the instruction from a German site or the HA-site).
Subsequently, in Domoticz the Xiaomi Gateway has been added to the hardware according to these (outdated) instructions.

So far so good... When I switch on the light of the gateway by pressing the button or using the Xiaomi Home app on the iPhone, the state is updated in Domoticz. That means that there is connection between the two (Domoticz and the Gateway). However, the other way isn't that successful and results in an error (Error: Xiaomi Gateway: unable to write command - Invalid key).

Code: Select all

2021-06-24 13:57:08.479 Status: User: modoadmin (IP: 192.168.2.190) initiated a switch command (433/XiaomiGateway (Light)/On)
2021-06-24 13:57:08.631 Status: Xiaomi Gateway: SendMessageToGateway failed on first attempt, will try again
2021-06-24 13:57:08.630 Error: Xiaomi Gateway: unable to write command - Invalid key
2021-06-24 13:57:08.881 Error: Xiaomi Gateway: unable to write command - Invalid key 
What I've tried so far:

I had a similar issue with Zigbee2MQTT and then found out that the user rights were set to root instead of user "pi". Fixing this solved that issue. However, now, I don't see any file in the /domoticz/ folder that belongs to root or might be related. But of course, I might be mistaken :( .
Another suggestion found here wouldn't help as the powermanagement is already off.

Does anybody has a clue what this might cause? Or a suggestion to dig further?

Many thanks,
Kees

Return to “ZigBee Forum”