Can I safely downgrade my Toon with update-rooted.sh?

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

jant90
Starting Member
Starting Member

Can I safely downgrade my Toon with update-rooted.sh?

Post by jant90 »

I recently updated both my router and my rooted Toon and for the past weeks I've been having the issue that my Toon looses it's Wi-Fi connection and won't reconnect automatically, sometimes this happens as often as once a day. I have to manually open the network screen by pressing the Wi-Fi icon on the Toon main screen and wait a while until the Toon reconnects (or just reboot the Toon).

I'm also using cyberjunky's Home Assistant climate and smartmeter integrations to get data from the Toon so it gets polled quite frequently (both poll every 10 seconds).

I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain I was running 5.39.7 without issues before I updated my Toon (to 5.43.2) and my router on June 30 (at the same time). Last week I updated my Toon to 5.46.4 but that didn't solve my Wi-Fi drops. So I would like to try downgrading to 5.39.7 firmware. Can I do that with the update-rooted.sh script? It asks me to what version I want to upgrade, but it doesn't say if downgrading is safe as well so that's why I'm checking here.

In short: I'm not sure if these Wi-Fi drops are happening because of the router or the Toon update (or something else entirely, maybe even Home Assistant) but I would like to try and downgrade the Toon from 5.46.4 to 5.39.7 and would like to know if it's safe with the update-rooted.sh script.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Can I safely downgrade my Toon with update-rooted.sh?

Post by TheHogNL »

jant90 wrote:I recently updated both my router and my rooted Toon and for the past weeks I've been having the issue that my Toon looses it's Wi-Fi connection and won't reconnect automatically, sometimes this happens as often as once a day. I have to manually open the network screen by pressing the Wi-Fi icon on the Toon main screen and wait a while until the Toon reconnects (or just reboot the Toon).

I'm also using cyberjunky's Home Assistant climate and smartmeter integrations to get data from the Toon so it gets polled quite frequently (both poll every 10 seconds).

I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain I was running 5.39.7 without issues before I updated my Toon (to 5.43.2) and my router on June 30 (at the same time). Last week I updated my Toon to 5.46.4 but that didn't solve my Wi-Fi drops. So I would like to try downgrading to 5.39.7 firmware. Can I do that with the update-rooted.sh script? It asks me to what version I want to upgrade, but it doesn't say if downgrading is safe as well so that's why I'm checking here.

In short: I'm not sure if these Wi-Fi drops are happening because of the router or the Toon update (or something else entirely, maybe even Home Assistant) but I would like to try and downgrade the Toon from 5.46.4 to 5.39.7 and would like to know if it's safe with the update-rooted.sh script.
No you can't downgrade with the script. And manually is also not recommended. Only way to do this would be a toonrecovery which will bring you back to 5.0.6 I believe and upgrade from there.
But I can say for sure there is no wifi code upgrades in the releases you had you downgrading would not solve it.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
jant90
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Can I safely downgrade my Toon with update-rooted.sh?

Post by jant90 »

TheHogNL wrote:
jant90 wrote:I recently updated both my router and my rooted Toon and for the past weeks I've been having the issue that my Toon looses it's Wi-Fi connection and won't reconnect automatically, sometimes this happens as often as once a day. I have to manually open the network screen by pressing the Wi-Fi icon on the Toon main screen and wait a while until the Toon reconnects (or just reboot the Toon).

No you can't downgrade with the script. And manually is also not recommended. Only way to do this would be a toonrecovery which will bring you back to 5.0.6 I believe and upgrade from there.
But I can say for sure there is no wifi code upgrades in the releases you had you downgrading would not solve it.
Thanks for confirming that, this saves me a lot of time resetting and reinstalling and configuring the Toon :).

Return to “Toon Rooting”