OTGW with Lyric T6 and Nefit Nxt

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

sygys
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW with Lyric T6 and Nefit Nxt

Post by sygys »

I have connectes my OTGW with the Honeywell Lyric T6 and Nefit Nxt Boiler. when setting the operation mode to monitor everything works. Except for a Error code 03 every so many logs. Setting its operation mode gateway then everything goes loco. The Lyric thermostat keeps giving connection errors and most values are not updates anymore. I cant seem to fix this or atleast i cant find any solution. I have tried allot of things like changing the voltage but when i do so the voltage just jumps back to 1250.

The funny part is, when i disconnect the Thermostat and put the gateway in gateway mode i can get all the readings out of the boiler perfectly and can control it without any problems.

I dont understand why the Thermostat doesnt work while on the OTGW website it shows as one of the thermostats that should work and has OT build into the controller module.

What am i missing?

By the way when changing voltage in monitor mode will result in a crash of the OTGW. It says its resetting but nothing will happen anymore until i unplug it after which all values are lost.
hvxl

Re: OTGW with Lyric T6 and Nefit Nxt

Post by hvxl »

The voltage setting jumping back sounds like a bug in the OTmonitor web interface that was fixed almost a year ago. You shouldn't see that anymore with OTmonitor v5.1 or later. Unfortunately you didn't mention if you are using OTmonitor, which version, and whether you are accessing it via its GUI or the web interface.

The OTGW never says that it is resetting. Unfortunately you only described your interpretation of the message rather than reporting exactly what it said. Maybe it was the NodeMCU/Wemos that indicated that it was resetting. But you also didn't mention that you're using that or what firmware you installed on it.

Also your remark that "everything goes loco" doesn't really provide any useful information. Attaching a log that shows what actually happens would have been much more helpful. But unfortunately you didn't do that either.

So, all in all, your message doesn't say much more than "it doesn't work". In future, put some more effort in making it easier for people to help you. You will likely find that that also leads to a faster resolution of your issues.
Schelte
sygys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sygys »

Dear schelte,

In the end it was a faulty part on the circuitboard fixed by nodo shop. I got the board back yesterday and connected it to the nefit boiler and t6 lyric again.

This time it all seemed to work. Until i tried to set the CH value to 1 and set the control setpoint manually. i could see the value set to the boiler but a few seconds later it jumps back to the old value.

After allot of trying i then removed the thermostat and again set the control setpoint manually. again i see the value change but after 30 seconds the boiler shuts down again and the setpoint is set back to 0

So for me there is no way to control the boiler. And i have no clue whats going wrong at all. BEfore i send back the board to nodoshop the gateway mode worked perfectly only the thermostat part was broken. now the communication between thermostat and boiler works but i cant use it to control anything. Remco from nodo told me he flashed the OTGW to firmware 5.2 could this have something to do with the issue here?

Im using the RJ45 Lan component on the OTGW board. and controlling the setpoint with home assistant. I use the latest OTmonitor to look at the logs and watch whats happening.

One more thing to mention. The board seems to crash an awfull lot. In which info send to Home assistant flashes to unavailabe and back to the values every 5 seconds. This happens only sometimes when setting a new control setpoint.

I hope you can help because i would really like this to work but so far it has been a nightmare.

Edit* Robert on Disccord just pointed out to me that the new 5.2 firmware has a safety build in that the control setpoint will be reset when for a while no data was received as a precausion. I guess thats whats happening with me. Sorry didnt read the changelogs. What i do want to mention is that in the changelogs it is said that the validation is just over a minute. and for me this validation expires in less then 20 seconds. Could this be explained?
Last edited by sygys on Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I also don't have a clue, because again you didn't attach the log.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”