Anybody familiar with the eSMART domotica system?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Anybody familiar with the eSMART domotica system?

Post by MindBender »

Hi,

As subject: Is anybody familiar with the eSMART domotica system?
https://myesmart.com/en/

My parents bought an apartment, newly constructed by Heijmans. It was described as a luxurious apartment, including a state-of-the-art Domotica system. So I assumed it would be KNX, like they big boys use. Expensive, but reliable.

Almost no information was available around the time of purchase, and that didn’t change, even though they have moved in already. No manual, other than a double sided leaflet. No documentation on what is installed and how it’s configured. And no documentation on how to add new modules or how existing modules are configured. But these modules cannot seem to be purchased anywhere, so that’s a bit of a moot point. Everything screams vendor-lock-in. The electrician said they are 450 Euro each. And I have no doubt that that’s what he charges for them, but the value just is not there. They are Swiss only in name and price.

The modules are of an underwhelmingly poor quality. From a flimsy soft plastic housing, to the use of vulnerable JST connectors for the switch input, and being fused on neutral. They break down all the time, both electronically as mechanically, the latter mostly on the JST connector. After two weeks, none of the modules respond to the touch screen anymore.

Inside the modules, it’s the usual component gymnastics to make everything fit. The company apparently is not large enough to be able to purchase unmarked integrated circuits, so they filed off the marking, taking the risk of an unreliable component for granted. Because of this, I have no idea how the modules communicate. They are fitted behind regular pulse switches, wired to neutral, live and a wire switching the light. A flimsy extra wire connects to the switched live coming from the pulse switch. No communication wires, as I would expect.

Does anybody know more about this system?

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”