iSense Wireless different behavior

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

thomas_n
Starting Member
Starting Member

iSense Wireless different behavior

Post by thomas_n »

At home I have both a wired and a wireless iSense. The wired version works as expected. However, the wireless one only randomly takes over the changes in the room setpoint.

After some time I figured out what the issue is: for the iSense the otgw changes the setpoint to 0 before changing it to the desired value again. However, the wireless thermostat does not copy the override setpoint to the room setpoint immediately. When I make the change manually and I leave (a lot) more time between the different steps, it does work.

I wonder if adding a delay or some other mechanism to make sure the change has gone through. Does anyone have any experience with this thermostat?
hvxl

Re: iSense Wireless different behavior

Post by hvxl »

I found that, at least on a wired iSense, it was necessary to explicitly release the remote setpoint before a different remote setpoint would be picked up. I have no information whether the same procedure is necessary on a wireless iSense.

After sending a room setpoint override, the OTGW waits for up to 4 room setpoint reports. If the override setpoint hasn't been activated by then, it assumes it's not going to happen. So you are saying that is not enough for a wireless iSense? Can you provide a log of a failed room setpoint override?

When you say you made the change manually, do you mean using SR commands? Can you also provide a log of such a session? Do you find that you need to clear the override before you can set a new one, or does the wireless iSense pick up changes to the override value?
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”