This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

boardboy76
Starting Member
Starting Member

Controling Fire Place mode on Remeha iSense

Post by boardboy76 »

Hi,

My Remeha iSense has a 'fireplace mode' which keeps the boiler warming up at a fixed interval when the living room is warmer due to an open fire place.

Is there a way to control that from the OTGW?

I have searched the forum but I couldn't find a related topic, or I used the wrong terms.

Bart
hvxl

Re: Controling Fire Place mode on Remeha iSense

Post by hvxl »

This sounds like something that could be in MsgID 99, although there is no fireplace mode defined in the OT spec. I would suggest you check the logs if the iSense sends an ID 99 Write-Data message when you switch on 'fireplace mode'. If it does, then you can probably use the same value in an MH command.
Schelte
boardboy76
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by boardboy76 »

Thanks for the quick suggestion, I'll look into that!

Reading in on the ID 99, this would be something vendor-specific right?

From the documentation, I read the MH command only works on the PIC16F1847 firmware?

Bart
Last edited by boardboy76 on Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

In principle, ID 99 is not vendor specific. To my knowledge there are 7 predefined modes, and 8 reserved. Fireplace mode isn't one of the predefined modes. But ID 99 still sounds like the most promising possibility. Maybe the iSense is using one of the reserved values. Perhaps fireplace mode has even been assigned in a later version of the specification. Another possibility is that a message in the range 128..255 is used. It is also possible that the functionality is not exposed via opentherm at all. The best course of action is probably to compare a log with fireplace mode active against a normal log.

You are correct that the MH command is only available in the PIC16F1847 firmware.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”