This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

paul007
Starting Member
Starting Member

Not working with ethernet

Post by paul007 »

Hello,

My Opentherm Gateway is working with usb, but when i wan't to use the USR-TCP232-T2 for ethernet connection it doesn't work.
In the Opentherm monitor the Gateway is connected, but when i make some changes nothing happens.

Maybe i made some wrong settings in the USR-TCP232-T2 configuration menu. Does anybody know the local and remote port numbers?
Maybe there are more settings wrong. Or is there something more wrong?

Local port number :20108
Remote port number:8234

Webserver port:6638
hvxl

Re: Not working with ethernet

Post by hvxl »

You can freely choose the port numbers, although you better make sure you remember the webserver port if you set it to anything other than 80. The remote port number is not used when the USR-TCP232-T2 is configured in TCP Server mode (as it should be). I'd advise using 25238 for the local port number, as that is the default port used by OTmonitor. The serial port must be set to 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity. All of the check boxes must be unchecked:

USR-TCP232-T2 serial configuration
USR-TCP232-T2 serial configuration
usr-serial.png (38.18 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

The OTmonitor connection must be configured as TCP, where remote host is set to the IP address of the USR-TCP232-T2 and remote port must be the number you picked for the local port of the USR-TCP232-T2.
Schelte
paul007
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Not working with ethernet

Post by paul007 »

I changed every setting with the information you gave me, now it is working good! Thank you.
Now i can connect it to the heather and thermostat.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”