PIC16F1847 firmware and MH= command testing results

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

mike7

PIC16F1847 firmware and MH= command testing results

Post by mike7 »

Hi Schelte,

As promised, there are some results from testing MH command. I attached the log.
Log started after command MH=2 and then I checked all values from 0 to 6. There are no precomfort temperature in my thermostat configuration but looks like it mapped to comfort.

My boiler doesn't support MsgId 99 on read and write, both requests return unk-id. I think it is not required to write a mode to a boiler (or may be it is only my case).

Then I checked correlation between TC and MH commands, looks like the MH is preferred.

PS my thermostat doesn't support time setting, so auto mode is not useful for me (
Attachments
otlog-20230126.txt.zip
(40.98 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
hvxl

Re: PIC16F1847 firmware and MH= command testing results

Post by hvxl »

Thanks. It looks like the OTGW doesn't behave exactly as I intended. It keeps sending MsgID 99 to the boiler. Even though that always returns Unk-DataId.

MsgID 99 is a bit strange. The thermostat can both read and write it. It seems to me that the operating modes should go from the OTGW to the thermostat. But the DHW push (process) bit seems more targeted at the boiler.

Does your thermostat allow the user to set a mode? I would expect that the thermostat will then send a MsgID 99 Write-Data message with the new mode. Does it? Can you cancel a mode from the thermostat? Does that result in a MsgID 99 Write-Data message?
Schelte
mike7

Re: PIC16F1847 firmware and MH= command testing results

Post by mike7 »

hvxl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm MsgID 99 is a bit strange. The thermostat can both read and write it. It seems to me that the operating modes should go from the OTGW to the thermostat. But the DHW push (process) bit seems more targeted at the boiler.
I never control DHW from thermostat. Tomorrow I'll play with MW command to see how it works.
hvxl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm Does your thermostat allow the user to set a mode? I would expect that the thermostat will then send a MsgID 99 Write-Data message with the new mode. Does it? Can you cancel a mode from the thermostat? Does that result in a MsgID 99 Write-Data message?
Thermostat doesn't allow to cancel overwrite it still active until MH=0. Thermostat doesn't change a mode but only save it as setback (returns to new mode after MH=0). There were no any MsgID 99 Write-Data messages from thermostat.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”