SC9000 -> CM11 inbound problems

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
CopyCatz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CopyCatz »

I have the following problem which is driving me nuts. Over time I've had 3 different pc's controlling the house X10. Setup includes an SC9000 alarm and a pc + CM11 + homeseer. In the beginning homeseer would recieve the B1 on signal, indicating that the sc9000 has turned on it's alarm. Since a while now (don't exactly rememeber anymore since when), no X10 line signals from the SC9000 are picked up by the CM11 anymore. When I set an appliance module to B1 and plug it into the CM11 power socket I can hear the click, so the signal is arriving.

Is it possible the CM11 can be damaged in a way that only inbound signal detection is broken? I've tried everything from signal repeater, resetting CM11, using different power adapters on the SC9000...

It's very weird that X10 modules understand what the SC9000 is communicating, but the CM11 isn't.

Should it be broken, does anyone know if the cm15pro has the same issues with an SC9000?
Stevexyz

Post by Stevexyz »

The CM11 has the idea of a "monitored house code" which is set by whatever software you use on your PC (it's set when the CM11 asks for a valid date/time after an absence of power). This indicates which house code events the CM11 will send to the PC.

You need to set this to 'B' - I think it defaults to A.

Cheers, Steve
CopyCatz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CopyCatz »

The CM11 monitors all transmissions, it did that before. Maybe I should have mentioned that it doesn't see any signal from the SC9000; when I press 'A1 on' on the keypad the CM11 registers nothing. So it's not a problem of house code.
Stevexyz

Post by Stevexyz »

I was thinking this on the way home tonight - you're quite right - the CM11/12 maintains its idea of what state the devices of one house code are in (and it often doesn't know); but it relays <b>everything</b> to the PC (my software is set to notice only housecode J).

Here's the schematic of the OEM power-line interface ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/technicalnote.pdf - if this is the same as the CM11/12 then it looks <i>possible</i> to break it so that input doesn't work, but have you any other device (like a TM13 - mine's been sent back broken!) which can put signals on the power line just to check that the SC9000 is not sending X10 slightly out of spec?
CopyCatz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CopyCatz »

Yeah as a temp solution I've put in a TM13 so that at least the X10 commands I send with the remote I got with the SC9000 are detected by the cm11. The TM13 even listens to the SC9000 powerline commands, if I put it on B1 it clicks on when the alarm is armed. I'm beginning to suspect it's something in the power adapter that I use with the SC9000.
I got a replacement for the original one that came with the SC9000, because my window blinds modules didn't pick up signals. Marmitek claimed the older power adapter signals weren't strong enough and sent me a new one. That one didn't improve much, but it broke recently (couldn't send X10 powerline signals anymore) so now I'm using the original one. I wish this stuff wasn't so vulnerable/unreliable...
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Ask Marmitek to send you a new powersupply.(PS90)

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”