how to set iSense clock at startup?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

dupudude
Starting Member
Starting Member

how to set iSense clock at startup?

Post by dupudude »

According to the Thermostat compatibility thread the Remeha iSense supports setting the clock "at startup". But when I try to send the command, e.g. "SC=9:00/1" nothing happens. When I try it at startup of the device I see OTGW errors in the log. I am using Domoticz and am sending the from the hardware menu.

Anyone have this working? Thanks!
hvxl

Re: how to set iSense clock at startup?

Post by hvxl »

On power up, the iSense takes about 2 seconds before it sends its first message, which always seems to be "Maximum relative modulation level: 100.00". Very soon after that, it requests the time. That's the only chance the OTGW gets to set the clock. If the iSense starts because of power being applied to the OTGW, that only allows 3 to 5 seconds to connect to the OTGW and send the SC and SR commands. Even when the iSense receives time and date values, it still insists on manual confirmation. You have to press the dial 4 times before the thermostat starts running its program. It won't even accept a remote setpoint override before the manual action is done. In my opinion that was a very bad design decision by the developers. If you have a power outage during the night, there is no way to recover automatically to avoid waking up in a cold house.

I have been thinking about a feature that would stop the OTGW from responding to the first message from the iSense for some time. In that case it repeats the Maximum relative modulation level message, allowing more time to issue the SC and SR commands. But given the limited usefulness, I wonder if it is worth the trouble.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”