Program module

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by stefxx »

Hi,

Is there a way to program a Xanura module (SAIX12, DAIX12 or ZAX12) without pressing the 'program' button for 3 seconds? I like to change the address of a couple of modules without removing the wall-switch...

Thanks!
binkiem

Program module

Post by binkiem »

Yes it can, but you need the new modules SAIX12, DAIX12 and IMX10 and a PMIX35. Look at paragraph 1.1.2. in the PMIX35 manual.

http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/XanuraH ... manual.pdf
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by stefxx »

Bedankt!
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by stefxx »

I am considering buying a HCB, I was hoping it would be possible to program the newer modules (without pressing the program button) with a HCB as well. That would save me some money...

Also, I have read somewhere that a HCB would include the RFIX35 functionality but I can't find that information anymore. Was that information incorrect?
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by stefxx »

It seems a bit quiet here, maybe I should rephrase my questions more clearly:

- Can you program a Xanura module (DAIX12, SAIX12) with a HCB without pressing the program butten?
- Does the HCB include RFIX35 functionality?

Thanks!
dwang
Starting Member
Starting Member

Program module

Post by dwang »

With the pmix35 (software) you can program the saix12 without pussing the program-button.

Just when you set the pmix to program puls the switch on and off until the pmix35 software shows that its programming.

So you don't have to disable the switch to push the programbutton.

That whil save some time.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Program module

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sddroog</i>
<br />It seems a bit quiet here, maybe I should rephrase my questions more clearly:

- Can you program a Xanura module (DAIX12, SAIX12) with a HCB without pressing the program butten?
- Does the HCB include RFIX35 functionality?

Thanks<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I Don't think you can program a Xanura module with the HCB without pressing the program button. As far as I know you can only do that with certain modules combined with PMIX35. Inside the HCB there is a Xanura CTX15 module mounted.

The HCB can receive the RFIX35 because the RFIX35 puts the received signals on the powerline which can be received with the HCB of course.
Programming the RFIX35 can also not be done with the HCB, check the manual how to program this device. And the HCB does not include a RFIX35 :-)
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by stefxx »

Thanks again, great help!

Is there a manual of the HCB, I have been unable to find one (except this one: http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/Hcbdutch.pdf but that is only very general information...)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Program module

Post by Bwired »

Try the guys of Home Automation Europe, its there box :-)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Program module

Post by Bwired »

Update: With the newest Xanura Home Controlbox firmware from Xanura (1.4.15-983) its possible to program modules without pushing the button on the module!
http://www.xanurahome.nl/installateur/N ... fault.aspx
Lennart

Program module

Post by Lennart »

But then there's not a CTX15 inside the HCB, or would these be firmware upgradable as well? (and can we all upgrade our CTX35's to PMIX35's through just a firmware change in the near future. ;-)

Lennart
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Program module

Post by Bwired »

Mmhh, In my HCB there is a CTX15, but you are right, how do they do it?
Perhaps they have a upgraded CTX15 with special firmware?
Pieterpaul

Program module

Post by Pieterpaul »

If they can do it with a CTX15, then it must be possible (technically) to do it with the CTX35. But I wonder if they'll release firmware for it, probably not (takes away incentive to buy a PMIX35). Is it even possible to update CTX35 firmware?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Program module

Post by Bwired »

I like the PMIX35, but I hate USB!
So I still use the CTX35 as main A10/X10 contoller.
I use the PMIX35 for analysis now and then.
Perhaps when my powerline is in better condition I can use the PMIX35, now my CTX35 is in the Fusebox closet
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Program module

Post by MindBender »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />I like the PMIX35, but I hate USB!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Same here! And worst of it all is that it doesn't serve any purpose: The PMIX35 uses a serial port internally, attached to a USB-to-serial converter which requires you to install obscure drivers on your server and shortening the maximum cable length down to 5 meters.

The PMIX35 seems to send a 'special signal' in order to get a module into programming mode. I haven't had the courage yet to connect my DSO to the mains power line to see what it looks like, but if there are any men more brave than me out there, I'd love to see the measurement results.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”