Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

wolter72
Starting Member
Starting Member

Thermostat+

Post by wolter72 »

Hello,

After the update to Thermostat+ v3.0 my tile disappeared and I can not find it anymore. I can´t install the tile because it is not in the list.
Also if i try to open de webpage of thermostat+ it gives me an 404 error. Can anyone please tell me how i can get it back?
JackV
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Thermostat+

Post by JackV »

Strange. When I upgrade or de-install and install on Toon1 or Toon 2 everything is fine.
Can you try to de-install and install ?
Maybe that helps.
And the web page you want to access after you enabled the web page in the app setup starts with a T so it is http://ipofyourtoon/Thermostat+.html
Which software version is running on your Toon ?
You can see this in the settings of Toon. Click the little dots in the upper left corner and select Settings(Instellingen), Software and you see the version.
You need at least version 5.33.9.
wolter72
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wolter72 »

I already tried that but it did not help my software iv v5.49.19 so that should be right. A friend of mine has exactly the same fault on his Toon (also running 5.49.19). So very strange.
JackV
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JackV »

The cause is that some Toons are missing some software modules.

------ Start of good News text on 2023-11-16
The app ThermostatPlusBasic which I mentioned before ( see below ) is up and running for some days now.
We found a way to add the missing modules.
Although one should not install additional software from an app......
The next version of ThermostatPlusBasic which I am working on will add the missing modules :shock: and show a notification on Toon after installing the modules.
After the notification one can remove ThermostatPlusBasic and use ThermostatPlus
So for the time being you can use ThermostatPlusBasic or follow the instructions below to do it yourself.
------End of good News text on 2023-11-16

There is an extra app on the way by the name of ThermostatPlusBasic which has the old software which does not use these modules and due to that has no web interface.
You can wait on that or follow the instructions below to get the new version up and running.
This is a long answer but you should be able to get things working with this.

On windows you can start a little run box by typing two keys at the same time :
Windows-Key and R key
Now start a command prompt by typing the next in the run box and click to start it :
cmd
(When you have Linux you need to start a terminal window and I am sure there is something like it on an Apple computer.)

Logon to your Toon with ssh root@ip_adress_toon like :
ssh root@192.168.2.23
( you have to use the ip address of your Toon and may have to accept a certificate when you enter the next command )
Enter root password :
toon
Open a vpn connection ( this may not work after the first attempt. just read on to see how to continue when it does not work. )
sh /root/update-rooted.sh -o

( When there is no update_rooted.sh script you need to download it like this and try again : )
( wget https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollecti ... -rooted.sh )
( Note that you may have to right click the https link above and use copy to get the link in your copy-paste buffer )

When you run the script it may ask you to upgrade the script. If so answer yes and after the upgrade start the same 'sh /root/update-rooted.sh -o' command again.
You may need to run 'sh /root/update-rooted.sh -o' several times.
First an example which fails to open the vpn and after that an example which worked.

===================================================================================================================================================================
Welcome to the rooted Toon upgrade script. This script will try to upgrade your Toon using your original connection with Eneco. It will start the VPN if necessary.
Please be advised that running this script is at your own risk!

Version: 4.80 - TheHogNL - 03-01-2023

===================================================================================================================================================================

Only start VPN and then quit
This toon does not contain old VPN certficates. Not necessary to update VPN certificates.
Now starting the VPN tunnel and waiting for it to be alive and configured...
Could not enable VPN in a normal reasonable time!
DEBUG information:
default via 192.168.2.254 dev wlan0 metric 10
192.168.2.0/24 dev wlan0 scope link src 192.168.2.9
# <persistent /etc/hosts content can be added to /etc/hosts.template file>
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost qb-659918000102-2033A0WWT2
172.19.16.1 feed.hae.int feed
127.0.0.1 ping.quby.nl
127.0.0.1 api.quby.io
END DEBUG information
Quitting the upgrade. It was a nice try tho...
killall: openvpn: no process killed

This failed so try again :

Welcome to the rooted Toon upgrade script. This script will try to upgrade your Toon using your original connection with Eneco. It will start the VPN if necessary.
Please be advised that running this script is at your own risk!

Version: 4.80 - TheHogNL - 03-01-2023

Only start VPN and then quit
This toon does not contain old VPN certficates. Not necessary to update VPN certificates.
Tunnel is alive and configured.
>> configured opkg feeds:
src/gz base http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/uni/5.49.19
src/gz oe-all http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angeli ... w-7.14/all
src/gz oe-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angeli ... f-vfp-neon
src/gz oe-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6sx http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angeli ... neon-mx6sx
src/gz oe-nxt_display http://feed.hae.int/feeds/nxt/oe/angeli ... xt_display
VPN is started, OPKG sources should now be available for you. Good luck!
If you are done with manual package downloading, just reboot and the VPN should be closed again.

It may take more times to get to this point.
Anyway, run the command 'sh /root/update-rooted.sh -o' until the output of it ends with :
VPN is started, OPKG sources should now be available for you. Good luck!
If you are done with manual package downloading, just reboot and the VPN should be closed again.
Update the list of available packages with the next command (expect to see some output on the screen ) :
opkg update
Install the websockets libraries with the next command (expect to see some output on the screen ) :
opkg install libqt5websockets5
Check to see the websockets software with the next command :
opkg list-installed | grep libqt5web
You should see :
libqt5websockets-plugins - 5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0
libqt5websockets-qmlplugins - 5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0
libqt5websockets5 - 5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0

Now reboot Toon to close the vpn and thermostatPlus V3.0.0 should work
Last edited by JackV on Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolter72
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wolter72 »

I got it working, thanks for the support
JackV
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JackV »

Thanks for the feedback,
I am happy that it works for you.
Now I know that the instructions are clear enough for people to fix it.
I put some additional text in the top of my previous post explaining that we know how to automate the process.
This is the first time we plan to do this.
And of course we always test and test before we release new apps and new versions.
But since this is the first time we will update software like this we will give testing extra attention.
At this moment I have the steps on paper and to be honest due to this 'thing' with the app I had to postpone other things which really need my attention now...
The good thing is that there is a solution in place, that I have it on my list and that it will be fixed.

Return to “Toon Apps”