DAIX12 not responding to impuls switch

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Andro

Post by Andro »

Hi everyone,

I had a SAIX12 behind one of my GIRA impuls switches. I decided to replace it with a dimmer so I installed a DAIX12 behind it. Unfortunately it doesn't respond from the switch itself. The DAIX12 seems to respond ok from the homecontroller.

Situation:
1) Switch turned in setting (A - not sure on or off). DAIX12 can be reached from network and turns on or off. Only from the network, not from the impuls switch itself.
2) Switch turned in setting (B). DAIX12 can be reached. However it cannot be turned off. DAIX seems to dim a bit and then immidiately brightens again.

From what I can figure the connections seem to be correct. Since there use to be a SAIX12 in exactly the same configuration before and it worked perfectly. I had another DAIX12 in this configuration and it had the same behaviour (then replaced by SAIX12)

Anybody any idea what I could be doing wrong?

thanks,

Ronald
Andro

Post by Andro »

when all fails... maybe read the instructions. So apparently with my type of switches (impuls) I have to give the bright command twice so that it will react to it. Will try tomorrow when it is light.

In my defence.. it's a very small page that can be overlooked easely.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”