Bwired Googlemaps upload data webservice

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

@ Gogs
I will look at implementing a "ping before send" function in the next few days.

@ xAPPO
In the latest version I limited the decimal places to 3 as some users were seeing huge numbers of zero's after the decimal point. I will look at making this a user configurable setting, perhaps on a per-device basis. Again I will do this in the next few days.

Paul..
Noel

Post by Noel »

Pieter.
I think that the slow down is caused by the table with all the users data that is shown below the map.
Just kill that part, and the webpage will be fast again.

--
dutchnomad

Post by dutchnomad »

I would suggest that (instead of all the reported values) you only report the date and time of the last update of each user and make a link that can be used to request a detailed page of the last values that were reported. This saves a lot of lines and therefor traffic between server and client.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Sooty/Pieter..

Sounds good Sooty and I guess per device is very flexible. Maybe removing trailing 0's too ?

Is there any reason why we can't include text data as a device value to this service ie devicestring ? I'm assuming that any graphic or html data wouldn't display correctly in the GoogleMaps pop up and therefore should be stripped or is just not used, but a lot of other devices that update the displayed value and aren't using devicestatus/name pairs could then be sent eg wind directions N SSE etc.

K
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dutchnomad</i>
<br />I would suggest that (instead of all the reported values) you only report the date and time of the last update of each user and make a link that can be used to request a detailed page of the last values that were reported. This saves a lot of lines and therefor traffic between server and client.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">That's a good idea, googlemaps has a lot of trouble plotting so much data. Only some important data and a link to al other data would speed it up a lot!

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

I have updated the Homeseer Xml2Bwired tool to version 0.0.0.10. See the links in post #1 to download.

Changes:
No of decimal places can now be specified on a per-device basis for numerical value type devices. For existing devices, you will need to edit each device and add the necessary value. If you do not so this, then the decimal places will default to 1.

I'm not sure if this works as planned as I cannot test it until the Bwired server is down, but if the server is down at the time of a scheduled upload, then an entry is written to the Homeseer log explaining that the upload was aborted.

This version is installed in the usual way and can be installed over any previous version.

Any problems, just let me know via the forum here or email.

Paul..
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

That was quick.. although mine all seem to be stuck at 1 even though I edit and save them. When I save one device but then view another the last saved value for the previous device has been carried over into the new device, but regardless my XML uploads to the service are always just one decimal place. Maybe I did the update wrong..

K
esschenk

Post by esschenk »

Hello,

I have installed your latest version of the Bwired plug-in
The number after the decimal point is changing by all the devices
When I changed one of the devices
Is it possible to changed only 1 device with decimal say with 2 and another with 0
I like to see my water measuring like 223 Liter
And my Power 12,45 Kwh

Thanks in advanced

Ed
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Maybe I missed something with the decimals settings. I will look into it now and fix the carrying over of the setting.

You should be able to choose 0 for one device and 2 for another.

Paul..
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Version 0.0.0.11 is now available from the links in post #1.

Hopefully the issue with decimal place settings is fixed in this version.

Paul..
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Yet another update! I have uploaded version 0.0.0.12.

I noticed another problem with numerical values where if the value was greater than 1000, for instance a barometer reading of 1013, then this value could be incorrectly displayed as 1.013 and not 1013.00

This was caused by the replacement of the decimal separator "," with "." which would cause a problem with a value like 1,013,00 which should actually be one thousand and thirteen.

Hopefully this version should solve that problem.

Paul..
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

I am still having problems, I can't get different settings for each device ... all my uploaded values have 0 decimal places. The configuration screen does now correctly hold the different entries for each device but they are all added to the XML with 0 decimal places .

It would be nice to perhaps display the dec places as a column in the web page.

Also I think, (but I'm not sure) that reordering devices might mess this up as well.

Kevin
esschenk

Post by esschenk »

Hello,

The same here
when i change 1 device the all changing the decimal places

ed
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Sorry [:(]

I have uploaded version 0.0.0.13.

I neglected to deal with the decimal value when re-ordering devices. This is now fixed.

I am quite confident that I have also fixed the issue with decimal places not displaying properly in this version.

The problem was with the different regional decimal separators used. Here in the UK we could have a value of 1,250.35, which is one thousand, two hundred and fifty, decimal three five. Just one "," (comma) exists in this string so replacing the "," with "" would produce 1250.35 in this case which is the correct value.

In another region, the same value may be shown as 1,250,35. Using the same replace function on this string would produce 125035, which of course is not correct.

Paul..
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

better more updates then no updates at all.

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Bwired Forum”