HCB and Somfy

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
jlinnemann
Starting Member
Starting Member

HCB and Somfy

Post by jlinnemann »

I am installing a few motorized blinds in my new house. They use Somfy motors. One windows uses three motors (that should operate in sync), another window uses one. I know the HCB supports Somfy, but what is the best way to connect them (ZAX12, digital outputs)?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Kind regards,

Joost
Henk

HCB and Somfy

Post by Henk »

Joost,

HCB is not special supporting Somfy devices. You can use the ZAX12 for your sunsading (buiten zonnescherm / rolluiken) because it is using a 230V motor and the three wires can be connected straight to the ZAX12 module. For each zonnescherm you will need a ZAX12 - power is 6Amp. In case you will have more than one zonnescherm you can connect them ... either by using the same device code or the HCB will connect them.

For internal window devices (electrische gordijnen) you can also use the ZAX12 but you will need two 230V relays ( Eaton had a relay box for this purpose) - the motors used by electrical curtains, rolgordijnen are based on 24V and not 240V. You may use one ZAX12 controller for multiple windows .... Be aware you will some space to store a transformer, relay - mostly behind the curtains enough space also you will need wiring to the corners of the room.

Henk
Fantic

HCB and Somfy

Post by Fantic »

Anyone already played with the wireless Somfy Motors? They are not controlled with the 3 wires but use an RF signal.
Telis 1 Pure RTS RF Remote control is an example of the remote.

Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
Henk

HCB and Somfy

Post by Henk »

Joost,

In case you are getting the RTS / called Home motion technology of Somfy it will be another story .... this RF based system is a closed system (some participation with Velux, Nemef ? and Niko bus) no integration with the rest of the world.
I was talking about "naked" products with straight wires to the motor so you will have full controle with the Xanura ZAX12 actor ....

It may be a problem in case you got a sun intensity and wind sensor from Somfy but there are alternatives to get weather control.

Henk
Fantic

HCB and Somfy

Post by Fantic »

Found some interesting products that can control the RTS stuff through dry contacts or RS232 and even ethernet:
http://www.av-outlet.com/en-us/dept_499.html
And even nicer, almost at the bottom (#17) an X10 interface:
http://www.somfy.com/nam_pro/index.cfm? ... uage=en-us

Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
Henk

HCB and Somfy

Post by Henk »

Thanks Maarten for the input on a X10 gateway to RTS .... but it is a device for the USA market see the specs http://www.av-outlet.com/images/shade/X10RTS.PDF ...... it is 110V AC but it seems this device is using 433MHz but you may run into some compatibility problem when using it here ....need a transformer with bypass capacitors and also a nice price tag for this gateway $380 .

I doubt if Somfy will market this device here in Europe likely not enough business to justify the modification and required support - but will ask Somfy Holland what there plans are.

henk
jlinnemann
Starting Member
Starting Member

HCB and Somfy

Post by jlinnemann »

I think I will go with a wired solution. I took the same approach with the projector screen and the beamer lift: attach them to Xanura ZAX12 module and then rely on Xanura and HCB functionality for remote control. Like I said, three of them should operate in sync (i.e., operated by onze ZAX12).

So if the screens are 24V, what would I need exactly? I guess:
- 24V-230V transformers (one for each screen or can I connect the set of three screens to one transformer)?
- two ZAX12s (one for the single screen, one for the set of three screens)
- and, of course, "schakelmateriaal".

Correct? Anything else?

Thanks,

Joost
Henk

HCB and Somfy

Post by Henk »

You can use one powersupply (24V DC) for the three screens - check the power consumption of each motor and multiply with three .... be aware you need a 24V power cable between the three screens

One ZAX12 with two 230V relays will switch the 24V power .... it is a matter of reversing the polarity of the power on the two wire motor connection.

One ZAX12 for the single screen this screen is based on a 230V motor ?

Schakelmateriaal ..... use a double two way push switch so getting four pulses switches in one box - one for open , one for closing, one for halfway open , one for another halfway positioning or using the disable option or whatever you think off ......

All three screens connected on one ZAX12 they will have the same half way positioning ... connecting each screen to its own ZAX12 will give you more flexibility each screen can be individual open or close and halfway ... special is the screens are located on a different compass direction. Inside the HCB you can connect the three ZAX modules together. May be consider and reserve the space .... so for later implementation ...

Henk
jlinnemann
Starting Member
Starting Member

HCB and Somfy

Post by jlinnemann »

Henk,

I may be pushing my luck, but could you perhaps explain how to wire and indicate what relays I would need (perhaps Conrad product numbers)? By the way, the single screen will also be a 24V screen.

Thanks!

Joost
Henk

HCB and Somfy

Post by Henk »

The Conrad product numbers are:

Relais - 230V 503981
Holder: 503331

Powersupply - 24V DC depending on required Amp.
Enclosure

Henk

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”