LM15 lamp switch

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Andro

LM15 lamp switch

Post by Andro »

Marmitek produces the LM15 lamp switch which is basicly an x10 controller in a light fitting. Does anybody know if these fittings can still be manually controlled or can the light from that point only switch on by x10 signal?

Some context: I have lights in the garden that I want to switch with x10. However I have no more space behind the light switches for the micro modules or additional wiring. I want to be able to switch those lights both from x10 and light switch.
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

LM15 lamp switch

Post by r_255 »

Can be controlled!

Its even they way how you can give it a house code if i remeber correct.
Louis

LM15 lamp switch

Post by Louis »

Could any LM15 user please tell how much (mm) a lightbulb 'extends' when used with LM15 (compared to usage in same device without LM15) ?
The on-line documentation only specifies the 'dimensions' as 46 x 93 mm.
Peterpc

LM15 lamp switch

Post by Peterpc »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andro</i>
<br />Marmitek produces the LM15 lamp switch which is basicly an x10 controller in a light fitting. Does anybody know if these fittings can still be manually controlled or can the light from that point only switch on by x10 signal?

Some context: I have lights in the garden that I want to switch with x10. However I have no more space behind the light switches for the micro modules or additional wiring. I want to be able to switch those lights both from x10 and light switch.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
see faq on marmitek website:
Product: LM15 Lampmodule Art. nr. 09191
Question: Can I switch the LM15 locally?
Answer:
Yes you can. Turn ON the LM15 by the mains switch will put it back to the state before it was powered OFF.

If the unit was in the OFF state before it was powered off, it can be turn ON by flipping the mains switch on/off 3 times. Each ON time must not be more than 30 seconds, otherwise the 3 time counter will be reseted.

If the unit was in the ON state before it was powered off, it will be put into the ON state everytime it was powered ON. Only the remote controller can put it to the OFF state.
Jeffke
Starting Member
Starting Member

LM15 lamp switch

Post by Jeffke »

@Louis

I have a couple of LM15's and you need to add 55 mm to the length
In a standard spot your lightbulb will probably stick out of it
Louis

LM15 lamp switch

Post by Louis »

Thanks Jeffke,

55 mm is no problem in some of my desired lamp positions.
In that case it's the cheapest possible X10 actuator, and avoids bigger AM12 units sticking out of wall sockets.
No dimmer function though, but worth trying out.
jeroenL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: LM15 lamp switch

Post by jeroenL »

Dear all,

A bit of a funny issue with an existing LM15. Somehow the unit got re-programmed (I think) , and now I can not switch it off.
- Tried all the ID's on the same houe code
- Trying to reprogram it, turning it of, on again, and sending a new code --> does not work

Any thoughts how I can reset it?

Thanks Jeroen
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Can it be that your light bulb was broken and had to be replaced by a new one?
Sometimes when the light bulb makes a shortcut, it will blow up the triac in the LM15.
Light will then be on all the time.
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
jeroenL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jeroenL »

Thanks Peter,

Do not think that is the case, as the same lamp was in for a while, and it worked last week.

What I did was reprogramming the main Appliance switch (AW12) with 3x LM15 behind. As I was turning it on/off 5x fast, I forgot that LM15 behind also lost it's power. Two LM15 still work on the old #id the 3rd one does not. And it is this one that does not respond.

Could it still be that I damaged the triac (whatever that is) ?

Regards, Jeroen
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Did you try this to code the LM15?
4. Turn the power off and wait a few seconds.
5. Turn the power back on again.
6. You now can give a new code for the Lamp Socket within 30 seconds. Press the ON
button (corresponding to the Unit Code you want the LM15 to respond to) on the X-10
Controller, 3 times, at about 1 seconds intervals. On the third press the lamp will turn on
signifying that the code has been learned. NOTE: To set the code from an IRRF7243 Mini
Controller press the Unit Code button 3 times.
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”