24h Zone

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Lordsauron
Starting Member
Starting Member

24h Zone Powermax

Post by Lordsauron »

Hi, i have a storage unit below my apartment and i would like to secure that door, i read that it is possible to set a door sensor to a 24h zone, with is active where or not the alarm is active. how ever i wonder how this works. as i would like to be able to enter the storage unit. so how do i turn off this alarm? any one here have a setup of this kind? do i have to have a (expensive) keypad in the storage unit or use the remote (and hope the alarm is off because i can't here it from the storage.

I hope some one can help me with this.
Herbus

24h Zone

Post by Herbus »

24H zones are used for detection that is always activated. For example: fire detection, water detection or fire escape doors that are normally closed.
Depending on your type of alarm panel I would suggest an additional alarm group. Its easy to turn this group on/of.
The most comfortable security systems use several alarm groups. For example: alarm group1: contacts on doors and windows. Alarm group2: motion detection
With this two groups you are able to arm group 1 when your at home and arm group 1 + 2 when you are away.
Depending on your type of system you should find a way to arm/disarm an extra group for the detection in your storage.

Herbus (Jos)
Lordsauron
Starting Member
Starting Member

24h Zone

Post by Lordsauron »

I forgot to mention my alarm is a powermax pro, i haven't read any thing about alarm groeps as of yet, but i wil look at that, but if i understand you correctly the 24h zone is useless for what i whant to do with it :(

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”