Infrared alarm?

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Infrared alarm?

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.conrad.nl/goto/?product=750872
Alarms when infrared beam is broken. If something was also for x10 it would be nice. Since my gf has a dog, the motion sensors might be some trouble. Although someone told me to just put it upside down the motion sensor so it wont detect the smaller dogs.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Infrared alarm?

Post by Bwired »

The Conrad link is not right, you had a special session open to Conrad, can you please correct it.
Visonic has a special Pir which is Pet-Tolerant for animals up to 36 kg, also handy for small children like I have :-)

Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Infrared alarm?

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />http://www1.nl2.conrad.com/scripts/wgat ... ~cookies=1
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">The link doesn't work ..... it is dynamic what is the product number ?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
Alarms when infrared beam is broken. If something was also for x10 it would be nice. Since my gf has a dog, the motion sensors might be some trouble. Although someone told me to just put it upside down the motion sensor so it wont detect the smaller dogs.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Bad idea, it will also stop detecting people that crawl over your floor. It is far better to get an infrared detector which is pet immune.

PS: Found it IR-DOORGANGMELDER, Bestnr.: 750872 - 89
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Infrared alarm?

Post by Snelvuur »

Link is fixed, i only have installed via the electronic guy 2 pir's but normal nice ones that are next to my switch then, behind it, it has one of those xanura's to send the pir response to x10. A bit more expensive, but i didn't wont a ms13 in my living room / kitchen the "ugly" way. (its not that bad, but its not the nicest option)

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”