Choice of initial system

Forum about Domotica Home Automation for dummies, is only for the real beginner questions.

Moderator: TANE

FireSon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Choice of initial system

Post by FireSon »

Hi Guys,

Since domotica is a hobby in which you can spend a lot of money I would like to have some advise to spend mine as wise as possible. My goal is to start logging my gas and electricity consumption as soon as possible and in the next 6 months I need to install a complete new central heating system which I would like to divide in to several heating zones. When this is working properly I would like to add detection sensors for security and energy saving purposes.

At this moment I concider the FS20 system since it contains almost every component that I would like to use. Unfortunately there is not much feedback on the quality of the products. The rfxcomm system seems more expensive and as far as I know there is no possibility to manipulate automatic radiator valves. The Danfoss CF2 system and Honywell EvoHome look also very interesting. An other thing which puzzels me is the number of batteries which are needed for these systems, do you have to replace them often? Since I have to install the radiators in each room I also have the posibility to get wires in each room, is a (partly) wired system also something to consider?

Because I am starting from scratch I want to choose my system carefully. Reliability is important but also the posibility to extend it in the future. I am aware that this is a very open question but I hope to get some feedback on the choices other people have made and if they would choose another system if they had the chance.

Regards,

Jan Brandsma

Return to “Domotica for Dummies Forum”