conneting LED to AWMR-230

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
bartg
Starting Member
Starting Member

conneting LED to AWMR-230

Post by bartg »

In my home I have installed many 'Click On Click Off' switches. Most of them are switching normal lights without problems. Now I started experimenting with LED lights and they give problems with the AWMR-230 and AWMR-210 modules. This unit send a small current thru the LED lamp whitch is enough to light up the LED lamps when it is switched off. Other nice situation is where I use a 220V to 12V converter for 12V LED spots. They start flashing every 2 seconds. The small current is apperently loading the converted which gives 12V output when enough energy is buildup.

Does anyone has found a solution for the problem described? Resistor in paralel with the lamp? I realy like the AWMR modules because I can keep my existing lights switches (I replaced them with pulse switches) which have a very high WAF.

regards,
Bart
AshaiRey

Re: conneting LED to AWMR-230

Post by AshaiRey »

According to http://klikaanklikuit.nl/verlichting.asp this isn't working or not reliable due to the low power consumtion
Bram
bartg
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bartg »

Thanks for your comment. I understand what is going on, I just wanderd if anyone has found a solution for it.
drbytes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by drbytes »

Sorry for digging this old thread up but I've just finished installing a AWMR-230 Coco module on a single pole switch that operates 9 LED 4-watt lamps located outside of my house and while it looked all fine when I was installing them during the daytime, this morning in the dark I was they were not completly off. If I would have to guess I'd say they're 5% lit.

What gives? Is there anything I can do about this?

Cheers!
ThinkPad

Post by ThinkPad »

I have connected 3 dimmable IKEA LED-bulbs to an AWMR-210 (dimmer) and that is working fine. Lights turn completely off.

However, i have seen the behaviour you are describing before with an other LED-bulb. The solution then was to turn around the plug. In your case, turn around the phase and neutral wires that go to your lamps.
Last edited by ThinkPad on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OWK

Post by OWK »

Just a tip: there is a AWMR-300 supporting LED lamps. No glowing of the lamp while it is switched off.
See: http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/advies/pro ... -awmr-300/
Domotiga
Cubietruck, Ubuntu server 1.0.2
RFXcom LAN, home brew ground plane antenna
KaKu

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”