Remeha Calenta interface for Homeseer

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Remeha Calenta interface for Homeseer

Post by Digit »

You're right, I have those counters on my site, but I don't use the script - so my answer is No.
I wrote my own code; you can have it if you want to, but it's written in Borland Delphi so when you're using Homeseer it won't help you that much I guess.
Reading the counters shouldn't be that difficult to implement. It's all fairly well documented.
psmaaswinkel

Post by psmaaswinkel »

Thanks for the response!

I would be interested in the request data sent to the calenta, and if possible the returned string data possitions.

I believe it would be possible to create a new homeseer script to readout the extra data. Still strange no one else has done this before :D
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Well in that case I'll post an archive here, soon. Not right now cause there are still some other jobs and persons in the queue; so give me a few days, OK?
psmaaswinkel

Post by psmaaswinkel »

no problem, I don't have time myself this weak to program anything :D
First I need to add an kinston hyperX 120 SSD to my mac mini 2011...
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

if i see this peace of work, the remeha calenta is the the most domotica and homeseer friendly heating system to be bought on the market, is that true ?

i have valliants and nefits but no experience ith remeha. bwired has a interface to read his nefit but this is a more sophisticated solution to read and serve the heating system.

if i buy something now i want to know if it is to be made communicable with homeseer, doesnt matter if it is a freezer, av system . bulb or anything else with works with currents or logic.

i hope the vendors listen to their customers, it is not so hard to add some communicability to hardware.

but isnt remeha willing to give the ins and outs of their protocol ? searching for logic in codes is a very timeconsuming event while somebody must have written the logic so knows how to read the data.
labium
Last edited by labium on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I think you're right.

One thing to consider though, this 'friendlyness' of the Calenta was not by design either :wink:

I mean, it took some effort to find an 'opening'.. in this case it was a combination of someone's big wish to connect to his Calenta and some luck that got things started. That's how things still (have to) work these days. Look at how connecting to the Visonic Powermax, Calenta, ELV MAX! and numerous other pieces of hardware worked... none of those were designed as 'open' to the rest of the world, but all as little islands. But somehow, every time someone managed to find a way. It's a shame it still has to go this way and it's the biggest barrier for home automation to become really successful. Hm, I think I'm going a bit off topic here :)
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i can feel your problem, somfy also had to be pushed hard to give away their somfy rts485 protocol , but surrendered after a lot of power emails, the somfy product is the first computer interface product i ever bought in 30 years without any software in the box.
psmaaswinkel

Post by psmaaswinkel »

But did you got the somfy code? This would be a great new feature for the RFXCOM :D I still can't operate my somfy screen from homeseer at this moment...
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

psmaaswinkel wrote:But did you got the somfy code? This would be a great new feature for the RFXCOM :D I still can't operate my somfy screen from homeseer at this moment...
yes and it is on this forum you can find the codes to put in script to use your screens via homeseer.

only some obscure netwerkerror codes are still not provided for.

but i think you think rfxcom can adress the screens as your somfy remote, that isnt so, you need a somfy transmitter, see this forum for somfy rts485 transmitter.
bus147
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bus147 »

Hi all,

first post here. Thank you for sharing all the Remeha information and plans.
With regard to the initial post, I've some observations and questions about the plan and pictures.
  • The final interface has four ports, but the schematic one shows two of them. Power and the remaha signal.
  • There's a switch on the interface which also isn't present in the schematic.
  • Does anybody have a complete plan?
  • What's the function of the switch?
  • Could anybody post a picture of the inside of the fully assembled interface?
Thanks
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi psmaaswinkel,
Almost forgot about this topic! Oops :oops:
Attached is my Calenta code. Added some comments here and there. It contains 2 files: 1 for the interface I/O like sending commands to the Calenta and validation of incoming responses; the other one is for processing the valid responses in the device class. This is all the code specifically written for the Calenta. So if you think you miss something, then it's 'higher level' code, as in non-Calenta related.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Attachments
CalentaInterface.rar
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 677 times
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i see this are pas files ?, i know pascal from the early days, how to use that with homeseer ?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Correct. Not.
If you (re)read the first posts on this page, you'll understand why I posted code that cannot be used with Homeseer as-is.
But since Delphi is very easy to understand it's easy to grab the interesting stuff and translate that to another programming language.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Just for my understandings (í'm just a domotica starter).

If i get my hands on this cable: http://nl.farnell.com/ftdi/ttl-232r-we/ ... dp/1740364

Then i can use the homeseer scripts from menno?
And can you extend this cable without problems? it's only 1,8 meters.. I can extend it to 6 or 7 meters i can plug it in an existent usb over ethernet device.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Yep.
See http://blog.hekkers.net/2011/03/14/reme ... revisited/
I mention the same link there, and it has been confirmed that this cable will work.
Remember to install the VCP drivers from ftdi.
AFAIK the max length for USB is 5m??
Just try it...

Return to “Home Automation Projects”