Read, laugh and learn

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
AshaiRey

Read, laugh and learn

Post by AshaiRey »

I have this situation for months now that a part of the house has intermitted recieving issues. My Installation consists mostly of KaKu devices and i use a RFXcom for communication. The RFXcom is located on the first floor. Now, two KaKu devices on the outer edge of the house doesn't recieve a signal from the RFXcom for time to time. I tried to find the reason for this. I adapted cabling, position of the KaKu devices, atmosferisch issues on the transmission, low abttery on one of the movement sensors, other interfering signals including thos from the neighbours, adding ground plane antennas. Nothing helped. One day it worked, next it didn't :shock:

So yesterday i tried to tackle this one last more time. So i went up to the first floor where my home server is stowed away under the stairs. The enterance to it is in a walk in closet and covered with a large sliding mirror door.... :!:
:idea: Mirror, reflective coating. Metal coating, Faraday's cage!?!
I opened the door and there i got a perfect connection again.!!!
Bram
PietjeNL

Re: Read, laugh and learn

Post by PietjeNL »

Sweet :D
Henk

Re: Read, laugh and learn

Post by Henk »

Another classic example of RF signal influence is during X-mas time , a tree loaded with a lot of shinning balls .....

Henk

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”