Kaku and newbie questions...

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
BAR_152
Starting Member
Starting Member

Kaku and newbie questions...

Post by BAR_152 »

I'm glad that I found your great informative forum! I'm a newbie in domotica and want to start slowly. I realise there is a lot to learn and one better decides at the start in what system to invest. My choice for KAKU is clear already, the KAKU components are widely used and it seemes most people are happy with the value for money this system offers.

Now I plan a very simple home 'security' system by timed house lights control, garden motion triggered lights and window/door sensors to activate an acoustic in-house alarm. I searched this forum for answers first, but failed to find them. So I have following question on which I hope you can answer;

- Can 2 pieces AC-1000 (working on different codes) be stacked into the same wall socket? One AC-1000 to switch on/off an acoustic alarm horn by motion detector PIR-2050 and several door/window contacts AMST-606, and the other AC-1000 to switch on/off that alarm function by WST-8800 or remote control KCT-510?

- Can indoor motion detector AWST-6000 also detect outside motion through double-layer windows? This would prevent easy sabotage to the motion detector.

- According to the description, with dimmer module AWMR-210 the existing wall-switch can still be used. But does the remote function always override the wall-switch should it be off? And does the wall-switch override the remote function should that be off? And if the remote sets the light on, can you put it off by operating the wall-switch on and off?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rob
The Netherlands.
Kind regards, Rob.
AshaiRey

Re: Kaku and newbie questions...

Post by AshaiRey »

- Can 2 pieces AC-1000 (working on different codes) be stacked into the same wall socket?
No, they need to be 50 cm apart
reference: point 7 on this page http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/faq.asp
- Can indoor motion detector AWST-6000 also detect outside motion through double-layer windows
It depend on the coating on your glass. The motion detector detects IR so if that can come through it's working more or less
According to the description, with dimmer module AWMR-210 the existing wall-switch can still be used. But does the remote function always override the wall-switch should it be off? And does the wall-switch override the remote function should that be off? And if the remote sets the light on, can you put it off by operating the wall-switch on and off?
You can use both to turn the device on/off however if you use a standard wall switch you can't rely anymore on the fact that the position of the switch tells you that it's on or off. For example if you turn it on by pressing in the upper position en then turn the device off with the remote then you have to flip the switch again (to the lower position) to get device on again.
Bram
BAR_152
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BAR_152 »

- The issue with 70 cm can be easily solved with an extension chord, solved.
- The remote sensor, I get your point. I have to try if it works and if sufficiently reliable.
- Clear answer, that would work for me.

Thanks a lot!
Kind regards, Rob.
nightcrawler
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nightcrawler »

An other newbie question. (I have some kaku devices, but I'm planning to buy an rfxcom tranceiver next month)
I have some ACM-300 build-in dimmer modules. and an AWST-8802 - dubble wall switch. is it posible to send an command from homeseer/rfxcom with an dim value when I pushed the button once?
I want to switch the lights with some event based triggers...
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Yes, you can send any command on a trigger in this case the wall switch.
It is for example also possible to increase the dim level with each ON button press and switch the KAKU off with an OFF button press.

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”