Fans of WTW (heat recovery) defect by SAIX?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
tsiis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Fans of WTW (heat recovery) defect by SAIX?

Post by tsiis »

The fans of my WTW installation, a Brinks Renovent Large, broke a couple of times. The mechanic of Brinks told me that possible the SAIX12 i use to toggle between low and high fan speed could cause the problem. This because the fans seems to variate in speed by an external factor.

Has anyone experience with this problem? Is it possible that the SAIX-12 can cause the voltage of electricity to fluctuate ?
Henk

Re: Fans of WTW (heat recovery) defect by SAIX?

Post by Henk »

The SAIX module has a relay (relais) so it should be the same as a manual switch just switching full 230V ..

Likely the fanspeed of this WTW unit is original operated by a manual switch .. do you have the schematics of this switch and how it is connected.
Did you connect the SAIX12 with the right phase wire ?
Did you remove this switch and replace it by the SAIX12 ? In case you keep the original switch and put the SAIX parallel you may have a problem.

Henk
tsiis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tsiis »

Henk,

I installed the SAIX12 according to the manual on the bwired site http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/xanura_stappenplan.pdf, page 19.

Except i don't use L2 (medium fan speed), and i also don't use any switches. When lights are on in the toilet of bathrooms the SAIX12 activates L3 and causes a high fan speed. Also a timer is activated so after 10 minutes the SAIX12 is turned of and deactivates the high fan speed. In this case L1 (low fan speed) is always on.

Kind regards,

Syds
Henk

Post by Henk »

Strange , I'm using the same technique but with a separate relay and it is working for a couple of years without any problem. In my case it is an Itho central ventilation system, but i assume same construction like yours

The SAIX has a sensing feature (even with an open relay some current may flow to the output) so the state of the output can be monitored but this should not effect the fan. You may use a separate 230V relay so it is 100% potential free be aware of the little current you may need an extra resistor to increase the load.

The fan is directly switched by the SAIX or it there some electronics in between ?

Henk
tsiis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tsiis »

Henk,

Can the sensing feature cause fluctuation of the current of the output ? The fan is not directly switched by the SAIX, there is some electronic between. See also the manual of the heat recovery http://www.xillycom.com/611196_Optieprint_sept2004.pdf, page 16 (perilex aansluiting). So the output of the saix is attached to the black wire (L3) in the perilex WCD.

Syds
Henk

Post by Henk »

Don't know if the sensing feature will cause a problem but it is possible. It looks like the system is sensing the fanspeed and electronics may be involved. What was the problem the fan motor was damaged or the electronics ?
Be sure the SAIX is connected to the same phase and also to the same group and the phase and neutral on the SAIX are connected the right way ?
In order to avoid any discussion with your service company, I would advise you to use a separate 230V relay (or a low voltage relay with a transformer) and the relay contacts will connect with L1 and L3. Be sure no other (hidden) switch is manipulating L1,L2 or L3.

Henk

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”